• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question about photo

stevenseattle

Hey guys!
So I took a photo professionally and asked the photographer to send the pic to my email address so I wouldn't have to scan my picture. At home I went to the state department's website and checked all requirements and followed them - made my picture less than about 200kb and resized it to 600x600 pixels by NOT cropping but resizing using some website I found. I looked for a website that checks photos for the green card and I passsed. Then I went to the photo tool the US state department have on their website and I tried to adjust my picture into the tool they have there, it's like a face of a women and you have to fit your face in hers but whenever I tried it, my photo was a little too much to the right so there was a gap between my photo and the black line of the square and I received an error. I think I was stupid but I just went ahead and submitted my photo as is and thought that if my photo is not ok it won't be accepted, BUT i received a confirmation number and all. Now my question is.... if I got the confirmation, does it mean my photo was ok? or they have some kind of tool over that check every photo in May and if it's not 100% within their lines it gets disqualified?

Can't really comment without seeing what it actually looked it.

But from what I understand your resized [600*600/<200kb] pic was centered right - and if you used this SAME picture without changing anything, and the system accepted your photo it should be fine.

anyone with more info please help us...but what I think the dv lottery picture tool only can adjust the pixels and the picture kb to be less than 240...the picture background issue what you are wearing I think that will be judged on the selection time ...why am I sayin this is you take any picture of your self wearing opposite things as required per the dv lottery rules and you even smiling it will still crop that picture ....so my main point is that picture tool is only for measuring the pixels

anyone with more info please help us...but what I think the dv lottery picture tool only can adjust the pixels and the picture kb to be less than 240...the picture background issue what you are wearing I think that will be judged on the selection time ...why am I sayin this is you take any picture of your self wearing opposite things as required per the dv lottery rules and you even smiling it will still crop that picture ....so my main point is that picture tool is only for measuring the pixels

Your entry may be disqualified or visa application refused if the photographs were not taken within the last six months, have been manipulated in any way, or do not meet the specifications. This is listed in the FAQ's and you need to make sure your application meets all the requirements and avoid risk of disqualification. The photo tool just makes sure that certain aspects of the picture meet the requirements, it can't control aspects like the background or wearing glasses for example.