Question about Alien Registration Number

uglyboy_13

Registered Users (C)
My wife came to US as a F-1 student. I couldn't find her Alien Registration Number on her student visa or I-94, don't know where I can find it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot

uglyboy_13 said:
My wife came to US as a F-1 student. I couldn't find her Alien Registration Number on her student visa or I-94, don't know where I can find it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot

I didn't have one when I was F-1 or H-1, and I got one after I applied for I485. If you asked for the application forms, then just leave it blank :)

The alien registration number can not be found on her I-94 or on her passport.It is the Axxxxx number you got on the Notice of Action when you file your paper work.

uglyboy_13 said:

Hi:

It is likely that she does not have one. Did she ever have an OPT-based EAD? Other than that, there is no A# on a student visa or I94. In that case, just put "None".

assuming you are a US citizen, she doesn't need one. FIle the papers and she will be given one when INS sends the acceptance notice to u. i was a F-1 student and had my OPT then got a H-1b. No Alien number to my knowledge.