• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question about Affidavit of Support, 2 signatures needed?

albaeagle

Hi all,

I've been receiving conflicting stories about the Affidavit of Support (I-134) that I need to provide as a sponsor. I don't know whether this is specific to the embassy in Tirana, Albania, or if this applies to other regions too.

I am filling out the I-134 for a family member that won the DV in Europe. I was told that my wife also needs to fill out a separate I-134 and include it with mine (the justification being that by filling our the I-134 she is agreeing to this being a family decision). My wife is not currently working, so the income section of her I-134 would be empty, and the assets part would overlap with mine. Is my wife really required to fill out the I-134 if i'm already filling it out?

Also, on a separate note, if I filled out a I-134 for someone else in the past but they did not get a visa (stuck in AP and then ran out of time), do I still need to list them in section 9 "I have previously submitted affidavit(s) of support for the following person(s)"? I would assume no because they were never actually sponsored since they didn't receive the visa?

Thanks,

AlbaEagle

Yes Tirana have some unique rules. They are wrong, but that is what they want.

leave section 9 blank as you are not obliged in the scenario you describe.

ah, yes you're right :). Sorry I must have confused it with something else when I first read your reply.

Thanks again Britsimon!