• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Quesiton on FORM 230- my dad received NL for DV-2008

tnllc

Registered Users (C)
I have a question....
My dad got the NL on 4/17/07 but has questions about form 230.
He didn't finish high school and he is not working now. He is 55 now and retired. Just wondering how should he fill out the form on the education part and working experience. Because it requires to have HIGH SCHOOL diploma or 2 years working experience for the past 5 years.
He used to own a printing shop business for almost 20 years and he retired about 3-4 years. So will he can still be qualified to have interview? Thanks!!

NL notice date 4/10/2007
NL received 4/17/2007

I have a question....
My dad got the NL on 4/17/07 but has questions about form 230.
He didn't finish high school and he is not working now. He is 55 now and retired. Just wondering how should he fill out the form on the education part and working experience. Because it requires to have HIGH SCHOOL diploma or 2 years working experience for the past 5 years.
He used to own a printing shop business for almost 20 years and he retired about 3-4 years. So will he can still be qualified to have interview? Thanks!!

NL notice date 4/10/2007
NL received 4/17/2007

its going to be tough as he dosen't have a high school diploma

I read some where in some forums, that there are online US or Canada (I forgot) high school diploma program.
And if he enroll asap,he might be able to get that diploma and presented it during interview as proof of high school completion.
or use the printing shop business license (if possible try to find the one with older date),so it show he had prove of working experience.You do not have to say that he retired 4 years ago if not asked by the interiview.Even it they asked, you can have some "creative" answer for it, if you know what I mean.

The most important thing is you do not lie,because your father did have Lots of working experience,and during his day, not too many people finish high school either.

Good Luck

what your father did point the education during the initial applicaiton. there was the least education was high school i guess.

was that question was optional on KCC initial online submission form.?? so that one could have able 2 complate submit the application.. skipping it.:confused:

thank you folks for all the opinions... really appreciated...:D
please advise more if you have any similar situation....

in the mean time, i'll get all my dad's printing shop business license and all other proofs about his printing shop business.. hope he can get interview later :)

Tricky situation

"then the interview proper, while i sat i saw some interesting interview but mainly IV, ours is DV. the few DV interviews i witness, involved a guy who did not have waec [high school diploma]but had some driving certificate and was rejected instantly,"
The above post was from a Nigerian DV candidate on his experience at the embassy.
If the consular officer interpretes the DV laws stricly, the visa will be denied. A high school diploma is required or a job in Zone 4 or 5 and training level 7 I reviewed this on the dept. of labor website and such jobs actually require college degrees.:eek:
You can still pursue the case, the only thing you risk is the $375 visa interview fee.

"then the interview proper, while i sat i saw some interesting interview but mainly IV, ours is DV. the few DV interviews i witness, involved a guy who did not have waec [high school diploma]but had some driving certificate and was rejected instantly,"
The above post was from a Nigerian DV candidate on his experience at the embassy.
If the consular officer interpretes the DV laws stricly, the visa will be denied. A high school diploma is required or a job in Zone 4 or 5 and training level 7 I reviewed this on the dept. of labor website and such jobs actually require college degrees.:eek:
You can still pursue the case, the only thing you risk is the $375 visa interview fee.

Concerning the Zone 4 or 5 training level u are talking about, Is a U.S licensed pratical Nurse or A Registered nurse in those Zones. I have my LPN license and sometime in the next few wks will be taking my boards for my RN license, i right now don't have original copies of my high School diploma certificate so am kinda worried. My college education was here in the States and am planning on doing AOS. Thanks

I emailed to The Department of Labor (DOL) and got thier reply. They said my dad should be qualified under
11-1021.00 - General and Operations Managers
Title Job Zone Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
SVP Range (7.0 to < 8.0)
so I guess I will have my dad to give a try.........
thanks a lot for all the replies.
If there is still anyone has similar case to my dad,,, please kindly post your opinion.... good luck to all!!:D

Concerning the Zone 4 or 5 training level u are talking about, Is a U.S licensed pratical Nurse or A Registered nurse in those Zones. I have my LPN license and sometime in the next few wks will be taking my boards for my RN license, i right now don't have original copies of my high School diploma certificate so am kinda worried. My college education was here in the States and am planning on doing AOS. Thanks
Looks like LPN, RN are Job Zone Three:
http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/29-2061.00#JobZone
http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/29-1111.00#JobZone
So, you need to get your HS diploma.

I emailed to The Department of Labor (DOL) and got thier reply. They said my dad should be qualified under
11-1021.00 - General and Operations Managers
Title Job Zone Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
SVP Range (7.0 to < 8.0)
so I guess I will have my dad to give a try.........
thanks a lot for all the replies.
If there is still anyone has similar case to my dad,,, please kindly post your opinion.... good luck to all!!:D
Yes, the Printing Machine Operators are Job Zone Two: http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/51-5023.00#JobZone. But, since your father was managing the shop, you could go with General and Operations Managers, which is the Job Zone Four: http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/11-1021.00#JobZone.
And, I think, he should have worked 2 years in the last 5 years.

does your US college have a copy of your HS diploma? is it notarized?