Query regarding using the original petition post an approved amendment received.

An$hu!

Hi Experts,

I wanted your expert opinion on the following scenario:

- My employer in India (referred to as Emp_X henceforth) had filed an H1B petition for me in Apr'2014 for a position with 'Client A'.
- After multiple RFEs, the same got approved in Oct'2014.
- However, by the time the approval came, my assignment for 'Client A' was closed and future assignments were on an indefinite hold. And hence, I had moved onto another project for a different client, 'Client B'.
- Again for 'Client B', a fresh H1B amendment was filed in Jan'2014.
- The amendment got approved back in Apr'2015.
- Now, however, as the unfortunate events have unfolded, 'Client B' had sold its entire business in the US (out of the blue) bringing all the running engagements to a halt and eventually thrashing all the hopes of any travel with the approved amendment.
- And the irony doesn't ends here as now I have got a call from my previous project engagement for 'Client A' who, with the project work resuming again, are now looking to use my petition for the same intended position as was planned for me earlier.

* I want to understand if with my amendment getting approved, is the original petition (for 'Client A') no more valid?
* Also, if it is still valid and can be used for the position with 'Client A', what will be the validity period for my petition as it has has been changed in the amendment (Validity date changed from March 2017 to Jan 2018 in the amendment that got approved for 'Client B').
* And if this is not a feasible scenario, does it requires a fresh amendment for the petition to be used again for the position with 'Client A'?

Looking forward to your expert advise on this.
Please let me know if I need to share any additional details to further clarify my case.

Regards,
Anshul