Prostitution Charges and I-751 form

Thanks to all of you for your kindness and advice! I spoke with an immigration lawyer and she said that most likely they are evaluating my case right now and going to call me and my husband in for an interview. My Conditional Green card was released without a fraud (because i was arrested only a few months later) and my prostitution charges are considered dismissed.
Tomorrow i'm going to the Federal Plaza to immigration center to find out the details and location of my case. Hopefully, they are going to have some info about it.
Thanks again. And i will keep you all posted about my case.
Leana

Thanks to all of you for your kindness and advice! I spoke with an immigration lawyer and she said that most likely they are evaluating my case right now and going to call me and my husband in for an interview. My Conditional Green card was released without a fraud (because i was arrested only a few months later) and my prostitution charges are considered dismissed.
Tomorrow i'm going to the Federal Plaza to immigration center to find out the details and location of my case. Hopefully, they are going to have some info about it.
Thanks again. And i will keep you all posted about my case.
Leana

Great - good luck & keep us updated

I have some small news, not really related to my case but could make the difference. Because i was so upset with the situation i filed two criminal backgrounds checks - one with NYS Court System and another with FBI. My NYS results came as "No results found" and today i got a result from FBI ( i had to attach my fingerprints in order for them to investigate my inquary) and it came with a stamp "NO ARREST RECORD" March 27, 2009 "CJIS DIVISION FBI" What would that mean?

That is strange because i thought FBI would definitely keep the record of my fingerprints and it would show, however, as i said before, i spend about 6 months a year traveling and working in other countries, and i never had a problem with coming back.
Well, by some accident, i got the big news today too - a profile update on USCIS website - Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On April 2, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service.

I just want to thank all of you for the assistance, but i guess my lawyer was right saying that there was nothing to worry about. I guess i should start getting papers ready for my N400

Last edited by a moderator:
That is strange because i thought FBI would definitely keep the record of my fingerprints and it would show, however, as i said before, i spend about 6 months a year traveling and working in other countries, and i never had a problem with coming back.
Well, by some accident, i got the big news today too - a profile update on USCIS website - Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On April 2, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service.

I just want to thank all of you for the assistance, but i guess my lawyer was right saying that there was nothing to worry about. I guess i should start getting papers ready for my N400

you are very lucky, some States when you apply for 10 years green card, no need going for interview, I had one friend who just had 10 years green card without going the INS for interview, so you are very lucky

good on you, but now I am going to face the immigration court due to my convictions of prostitution

good on you, but now I am going to face the immigration court due to my convictions of prostitution

I know i'm lucky, however, after reading this forum i realized that i did what most people advised - be honest. I am getting my papers ready for N-400 and after i started gathering all the papers together i found the copies of my file for I-795. When i filed i had to explain why i was arrested, under what sircumstances and what was the outcome. I wrote a letter stating all the info including me pleaing guilty, however, because i wasn't aware that i took my plea back, i failed to metioned that.
Another factor, as somebody posted earlier, is that charges in prostitution are, per se, a reason to deny entry but they, alone, do not begin deportation procedures.
When i spoke with a deportation lawyer, she said that most likely i would be called in for an interview in order to explain the charges, but i assume, my explanation letter was enough for Immigration officer to make a decision.

Everybody knows my case, is yours any different? Was it the only case or reason?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Leana

How is your case coming along. If you get this I like to chat with you about it. What information would I need for an H1.