Proof of relationship

glb

Registered Users (C)
Dear Freinds,

I have my first cousin in Canada and at the time of applying for canadian immigration, I had mention him as my brother.

Now I have received a letter asking to submit "Proof of relationship to realtive in Canada". My question is how can I prove that he is my cousin? Since our parent names are different.

Or can anyone help me in directing me where I can find some sample letters of this kind.

Sorry folks I am asking Canadian Immg. question in this forum. I have no where to go and requesting your help.

Thanks.

Originally posted by glb
Dear Freinds,

I have my first cousin in Canada and at the time of applying for canadian immigration, I had mention him as my brother.

Now I have received a letter asking to submit "Proof of relationship to realtive in Canada". My question is how can I prove that he is my cousin? Since our parent names are different.

Or can anyone help me in directing me where I can find some sample letters of this kind.

Sorry folks I am asking Canadian Immg. question in this forum. I have no where to go and requesting your help.

Thanks.

OK - you realize there's a huge difference between a cousin and a brother, right?

Re: Re: Proof of relationship

Originally posted by GC012002
OK - you realize there's a huge difference between a cousin and a brother, right?

Not necessarily in Utah.

is both surnames are same .. before ur marriage(if u r married) . if yes then no problem .. there is a way ...we can maniplate
otherwise no way...

I dont think it will be a big issue. If I were you, I would ask my parents to get affidavit from India saying that your cousin is relative to our family. Infact it will be more effective, if your cousin can ask his parents to get affidavit too and this way you can submit both the affidavits to canada immigration as evidence.

Also do consult some canadian immigration lawyer for more advise.

Just a Thought...

OR.. if available, you can produce a birth-certificate of your common grandparents; your mom/dad's BC whoever is related to your common grandparents; and finally your cousin's mom/dad's BC (again) whoever is related to your common grandparents. This way you'll be providing a family tree to them which proves that you two are really first cousins. But of course, affidavits are much more easier but may cost money.

Thanks for your responses.

Actually I have to submit this document quickly within 20 days. I donot have much time left.

If you guys can point me to some sample affidavits/letters that will be great.

For now I would like to submit a affidavit from my cousin itself, giving his details in canada. This way my case will not be closed and in the mean time I will proceed to get that affidavit (tree) from India.

Please tell me where I can find some sample affidavits.

Thanks.