Processing time for Audit (Business Necessity) cases

Congratulations!

I am happy for you. And thanks for letting us know. I am glad that so many of you have now responded on my thread. This is the only way to keep track of these audit cases, because the DOL would not give us any timeframe that they take to adjudicate when they pull our cases for audit purpose. In my case, we had responded to audit on Sep 23, 2005; however it still shows "In Process". We tried to talk to the officer, but the front desk associate rejected to transfer the phone line.

michael668,
What were you audited for? Did they ask for "Business Necessity" or something else? Where was your case filed in? Atlanta or Chicago? And finally, did you try anything else other than just wait for your case to be adjudicated?

michael668 said:
it finally approved today 02/07/2006, :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I filed with Atlanta Center. They only audited "Business Necessity". And I did nothing to speed the process, just waiting. Good luck to all here.

sPERM said:
I am happy for you. And thanks for letting us know. I am glad that so many of you have now responded on my thread. This is the only way to keep track of these audit cases, because the DOL would not give us any timeframe that they take to adjudicate when they pull our cases for audit purpose. In my case, we had responded to audit on Sep 23, 2005; however it still shows "In Process". We tried to talk to the officer, but the front desk associate rejected to transfer the phone line.

michael668,
What were you audited for? Did they ask for "Business Necessity" or something else? Where was your case filed in? Atlanta or Chicago? And finally, did you try anything else other than just wait for your case to be adjudicated?

Applied on 4/05 with Audit

Project Engineer, MS
Applied on 4/08/05, in Atlanta
Audit letter on 7/05
Response on 7/05
Status changed from "Audit Review" to "In-Process" on 7/28/05.
Sent emails and they respond that it is still under process and to be patient.....It's been 10 months already.
Audit was because an incorrect filling of a question that stated that it required the employee to stay in employer premises, which was supossed to respond "no", but it was answered "yes". On the audit response it was explained and sent a revised form.....still waiting....

An approved Audit case

My case was filed on Aug. 26, 2005 for the Atlanta center;
received sponsorship mail on Aug. 29, 2005;
got audit letter on Sep. 27, 2005;
sent audit response on Oct. 23, 2005;
received approval on Friday, Feb. 17, 2006.

I wish you guys a good luck!!! :)

Wantedyouknow said:
My case was filed on Aug. 26, 2005 for the Atlanta center;
received sponsorship mail on Aug. 29, 2005;
got audit letter on Sep. 27, 2005;
sent audit response on Oct. 23, 2005;
received approval on Friday, Feb. 17, 2006.

I wish you guys a good luck!!! :)

Congrats!

Here are the details of my case at ATLANTA -
PERM Filed - Oct. 10, 2005
Recieved Audit Letter - Dec. 09, 2005
Sent Audit Response - Dec. 16, 2005

STILL WAITING FOR APPROVAL FROM ATLANTA... :(

I think its taking approximately 4+ months to get PERM approvals after responding back to the Audit. I guess I will get approved sometimes in APRIL 2006. Will keep you guys posted.

Chicago center calls not getting transferred...

Here are the details of my case at CHICAGO -
PERM Filed - July 18, 2005
Sent Audit Response - Jan 05, 2006
No news since then...

My Attorney told me that Chicago service center main line operator refuses to transfer calls to the concerned auditing officer.... does anybody else's attorneys have similar issue lately... maybe the number of pending cases is increasing so rapidly that they got wiser....

lambda said:
Here are the details of my case at CHICAGO -
PERM Filed - July 18, 2005
Sent Audit Response - Jan 05, 2006
No news since then...

My Attorney told me that Chicago service center main line operator refuses to transfer calls to the concerned auditing officer.... does anybody else's attorneys have similar issue lately... maybe the number of pending cases is increasing so rapidly that they got wiser....
I have the same situation, but at the Atlanta center. My attorney and my company's HR people tried to talk to the auditing officer directly. But the receptionist always refused to transfer the phone line. If you come to know any tricks about contacting the officer, then please let us know on this thread. My case was filed on August 08, and we responded on audit on September 23, 2005. Still no answer...

waiting for PERM approval after audit

E-filed PERM on Nov 3, 2005
Audit letter received Feb 9, 2006 (they need proof of the language necessity)
Response sent back on Feb 21, 2006
Waiting..........
I will post here when I hear an answer either way.

justification letter help

Since you have all experience with the business justification letter, could you please give me some information since my lawyer seems to be not helpful and asking my manager to write letter.
My job requirement is Ms+4 years for Sr. Application Developer.

You could contact me at pdx2004etm@hotmail.com

Best Regards

For all whoes case audited. Can you guys post your answer to H12 question in ETA 9089 and also your education and experience requirement in short. I might be able to help then.

finally approved

after 10 long months.
may 1 approval came.
see u all in i-485 forum
:eek:

wong_cilik said:
:) :) first, got to admit that you have cool name.
second, i am in similar situation with you.
applied early june, audit august. no news since then....
may be a phd working for small company is difficult to get lc.
keep us informed with your application status.
:cool:

PERM approval

Nov 3, 2005-PERM filed
Feb 9, 2006- Audit letter received (justification for language necessity)
Feb 21, 2006- Response sent back on
May 26, 2006- Approved

ETA certified forms lost in the mail, duplicates finally arrived on June 16

Good luck to everyone, see you at the 1-140 forum