• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Process to get Police Clearence in Dhaka, Bangladesh

sohana

Registered Users (C)
Steps r as follows:
1.Go to a Sonali Bank brnch, take a Chalan form , make 250 tk. chalan for each ADULT person, write purpose as " POLICE CLEARENCE" give address as - OC of ur local thana, write CODE NO : 1-2201-0001-2681 and deposit the money and take a part of the chalan form.

2.Write an application( in Bangla) addressing-
To
Police Commissioner
Dhaka MetropolitanPolice
Dhaka
Subject: Prayer for Police Clearence Certificate
Attach a Photo of each applicant( 18 yrs and above) with a seperate application for each one. Also give photocopy of ur Holding tax copy or SSC certificate or a Nationility or Character certificate from ur local WARD COMMISSIONER.

3.Then take the application with the papers and also PHTOCOPY OF respective PASSPORT to ur local thana. Hand over this things to them. Within few days the local police will enquire at ur address and give you a slip mentioning the date of ur certificate delivery( Dont forget to give some money for their cha-pani!!!).

4.On the mentioned day u have to go to Mintoo Road Police Commissiner Office (DMP)- (near Holy Family Hospital or Ramna Thana - the road from Magbazar crossing towards Bailey road , it will be on ur right hand side). After reporting and givng ur slip there u hv to wait fr some time. Then they will give u the certificate with a letter in an envelope.

5.Then u hv to attest the certificate from FOREIGN MINISTRY OFFICE near High court. If u can reach the office and give the envelope (OF COURSE DONT FORGET TO GIVE ANOTHER SET OF PHOTOCOPY OF UR PASSPORT with it ) before 11 AM u will get it back on the same day after 2 pM . If u give after 11 but before 1 PM( U must go to the office before 1 pm because after that they wont take ur paper) u hv to come next day at 2 Pm to receive the attested copy. After receiving ur paper- they will give u numbered plastic ring which u hv to return when u take ur certified certificate. Each day the delivery time is after 2PM.

Thank you
SOHANA
got DV visa 30th Aug, hv to reach USA before 28 th fEB,2009.

Thanks for your Help

Hi Sohana,

Congratulation for your success and thanks for this initiative to help us. I am a DV-2009 winner from Chittagong, Bangladesh.

I have some questions:

1.Go to a Sonali Bank brnch, take a Chalan form , make 250 tk. chalan for each ADULT person, write purpose as " POLICE CLEARENCE" give address as - OC of ur local thana, write CODE NO : 1-2201-0001-2681 and deposit the money and take a part of the chalan form.

What is this code no. means? Is this code no. 1-2201-0001-2681 is for Dhaka only? Do we have different code no. for Chittagong?

To
Police Commissioner
Dhaka MetropolitanPolice
Dhaka

In the body of this application we need to mention the reason, for why this Police Clearance Certificate is required. Suppose, I don't want to mention about DV-Lottery in the application. In that case, can I write, "For going abroad (without mentioning any specific country or reason) I need a Police Clearance Certificate". Is it ok? Also please inform us, what did you write in your application?

As I read, you attended the interview with your family. My wife and daughter will attend the interview with me. So, you can help me lot. Please send me email to (pratik221980@yahoo.com), I like to know your interview experiences and some other issues - Like (1) Did they ask for Affidavit of Support/Evidence of Support? (2) Bank balance or asset in Bangladesh.

Your help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Mr. Pratik,
I wrote the process only for Dhaka people. U can go to ur local thana and ask them about it or u can ask an official of Sonali Bank. They will tell u the code for chalan.

For gods sake dont give a single false statement during ur process of DV VISA- always write the correct thing in every paper u r going to make. So write the correct purpose. I again request u - DO NOT WRITE ANY FALSE THING DURING THIS JOURNEY TO GET VISA. I wrote - I need a police clearence certificate for appearing in DV visa interview and other so called application language. Do it after getting second letter because it is valid for six months I think.

My sister gave me an affidavit of support but during interview they didnt took it and even they did not ask for our bank statement or property.
SOHANA

I will be grateful

Hi Sohana,
Thank you for your reply and advise. I have some others questions, please reply.

1) Which Doctor is better for Medical?
2) How much they charge for medical for each adult and child?
3) We (me and my wife) don't have any proof or vaccination records even we have not received hepatitis A & B. Vaccination records of my daughter (8 years old) is available. She received (BCG, DPT including 5 years old DPT Booster, Polio- OPV, Hib, Measles, MMR, Typhoid) all these vaccines except hepatitis A & B. So, How many days it will be needed medical to be completed for us?
4) Did you pay visa fees in dollar or taka?
5) I am Principal Applicant and I have all educational documents except my SSC admit card. Should I collect SSC admit card now from Education Board?
6) I have one important question, for which I tried several times to get a answer from this forum but as this issue is related to Bangladesh, I did not get a proper answer. If you can answer this question, I will be relieved from a big headache. As you know, in the initial application they did not ask for father's name. But when I was selected as a winner and filled up the form DS-230 - Part I. In item 15 & 16, I wrote:
15. Father's Family Name: XXXXXX
First Name: XXXXXX
Middle Name: XXXXXX
16. Father's Date of Birth: August XX, 19XX
Place of Birth: XXXXXX
Current Address: N/A
If deceased, give year of death: 2005

Now I am collecting my passport, birth certificate and all other necessary papers as required. As my father died in 2005, the respective authorities of passport and birth certificate will add a "Late" before my father's full name. When I was born my father was alive but as I am collecting my birth certificate now, they will add "Late" in front of father's full name. Also the issue date of the birth certificate will be recent.

In my all Educational Certificates there is no "Late" before my father's full name as because when these certificates was issued my father was alive.

So my questions are:
a) As there are no "Late" before my father's name in all educational certificates and in DS-230 Part I (mentioned the death of year) and "Late" would be included before my father's name in my passport and birth certificates.
*** This issue will make any problem at my interview?

b) This "Late" will make any problem while I would be in USA.

c) Should I try to request the authorities not to add "Late" before my father's full name in my passport and also in my birth certificate? (Of course it depends upon them).

** Your specific and sequential answers will be appreciated. You are the only Bangladeshi who is trying to help others. So, please excuse me for any inconvenience. Thank you very much.

1. Green Crescent Health Service, it is near Natun bazar Overbridge just walking distance from US embassy. Take the 1st left parrallel road of the highway from Badda to Bashundhara- there r many rikshaws at the point on Baridhara side- u will see. The day u will do medical they will give u receipt- and later they will phone u to collect the documents 1/2 days later.
2. Adult-2500 and Child-750 each.
4. Dollars but u can pay it in taka too( at the rate of that day abt 70 tk per dollar0
3. Take ur babies card - u dont need any for u and ur wife. Just tell them that u all r not given Hep-B vaccine. U can start ur vaccination fr it now- 1st dose now- 2nd dose after 1 month - 3rd dose 1 month after 2nd dose. U can give the last dose at the centre- it will cost 500 tk for each of u- fr child it is less. Dont be afraid of the required vaccines- health service will do whatever is good for ur nterviewm so relax.
5.No need; dont collect any thing new for urvb educational qualificatio now. Just take a drivers license/ old passport/ library card or any other dcument where their is ur NAME, PHOTO and AN ISSUE DATE ON IT- they should be ateast 2 years older than the date of ur getting dv lottery.
6a They wont write "late" in ur Birth C.
b. In passport write late if u r making it a new one now, and in any recent document always write late, DONT LIE ANYWHERE.
So dont request or u dont need to.

finally there r many helpful bangladeshi here- search with my name- sohana- u will find
thanks
SOHANA

Last edited by a moderator:
5.No need; dont collect any thing new for urvb educational qualificatio now. Just take a drivers license/ old passport/ library card or any other dcument where their is ur NAME, PHOTO and AN ISSUE DATE ON IT- they should be ateast 2 years older than the date of ur getting dv lottery.

Hi Sohana
Thank you for your helpful posts. Specially for Bangladeshs. I and my wife have no other documents except educational certificates. there is NAME, PHOTO and AN ISSUE DATE ON IT- they are also ateast 2 years older than the date of we getting dv lottery. Is it ok. Please tell me. Thank you in advance

If u hv all the educational papers then u need not to worry for other papers- actually as my husband had only hsc admit card with out any photo on it- thats why they asked fr any other document like that to confirm his identity i think.

Bangladeshi DV applicants...

If any body needs any information about the processing related to DV and immigration to the USA

feel free to mail me

Mishel

DV 2006

New York

Requesting to describe us Interview Experience

Hi Sohana,

Thanks for all contributions you made for all Bangladeshi DV winners. Finally I am requesting you to describe us your interview experience at the Embassy.

1) What was the time they mention in your 2nd letter to attend the interview?

2) What time you reached? How was the atmosphere outside the Embassy? What were the questions the security people asked you and the docs they wanted to see (hope security check was there)? How many candidates were there before and after you? Was there any queue to enter inside the Embassy? Which things are restricted to take inside (mobile, water, food)? What time they allowed you to enter inside?

3) After entering into the Embassy, did you pick up any ticket to maintain serial? How long you wait before you number was called? They called you by number or by name? Are there several windows for different purposes?

4) When they called you 1st time, what did they ask? (I guess you went to a window) Did your husband and kids went with you at that time? Did they ask to submit all documents and medical reports or they asked you to pay your visa fees first ($775 for each)? After submitting documents did they ask you to wait, if so how long?

5) Then what time did they call you again? When did you, your husband and kids sign DS-230 form? When did you and your husband take oath? When did you and your husband take fingerprints? When did you face the real interview? This interview was also done through the window or all of you went in a room? At the time of interview they asked the questions all of you at the same time (means remain together) or they did separately? Who took the interview, the same gents/lady who collected the documents?

6) What did they ask you (as principal applicant)? What did they ask your husband? What did they ask your kids? At that day did they tell you that you visa process is approved?

7) Did they ask for marriage photos and any other photos of kids?

8) What time you came out from Embassy? How long it took to finish the whole process?

9) Also please write any other tips that will be helpful inside the Embassy especially for kids. Also advise regarding dresses of wife and kids and things we should take or should not take?

10) How did you organize your documents? (Original and translated docs in one file, photocopies in another file). Also need to know did you put/file yours docs, husband's docs and kid's docs in one file or separately?

11) What about the professional documents? Do we need to submit those with educational documents or we will show them later if they ask for?

12) I am the principal applicant. My wife has problem to speak English? It will be any problem?

13) I hope there are some Bangladeshi employees in Embassy. Do they have anything to do with DV applicant or we have to interact only with American?

Sorry for any inconvenience? I hope all my queries will help you to remember the process you did in the Embassy and to describe us.

Again thanks for your help and co-ordination.

Last edited by a moderator:
The day of dv interview at dhaka, bangladesh

Hi Sohana,

Thanks for all contributions you made for all Bangladeshi DV winners. Finally I am requesting you to describe us your interview experience at the Embassy.

1) What was the time they mention in your 2nd letter to attend the interview?

2) What time you reached? How was the atmosphere outside the Embassy? What were the questions the security people asked you and the docs they wanted to see (hope security check was there)? How many candidates were there before and after you? Was there any queue to enter inside the Embassy? Which things are restricted to take inside (mobile, water, food)? What time they allowed you to enter inside?

3) After entering into the Embassy, did you pick up any ticket to maintain serial? How long you wait before you number was called? They called you by number or by name? Are there several windows for different purposes?

4) When they called you 1st time, what did they ask? (I guess you went to a window) Did your husband and kids went with you at that time? Did they ask to submit all documents and medical reports or they asked you to pay your visa fees first ($775 for each)? After submitting documents did they ask you to wait, if so how long?

5) Then what time did they call you again? When did you, your husband and kids sign DS-230 form? When did you and your husband take oath? When did you and your husband take fingerprints? When did you face the real interview? This interview was also done through the window or all of you went in a room? At the time of interview they asked the questions all of you at the same time (means remain together) or they did separately? Who took the interview, the same gents/lady who collected the documents?

6) What did they ask you (as principal applicant)? What did they ask your husband? What did they ask your kids? At that day did they tell you that you visa process is approved?

7) Did they ask for marriage photos and any other photos of kids?

8) What time you came out from Embassy? How long it took to finish the whole process?

9) Also please write any other tips that will be helpful inside the Embassy especially for kids. Also advise regarding dresses of wife and kids and things we should take or should not take?

10) How did you organize your documents? (Original and translated docs in one file, photocopies in another file). Also need to know did you put/file yours docs, husband's docs and kid's docs in one file or separately?

11) What about the professional documents? Do we need to submit those with educational documents or we will show them later if they ask for?

12) I am the principal applicant. My wife has problem to speak English? It will be any problem?

13) I hope there are some Bangladeshi employees in Embassy. Do they have anything to do with DV applicant or we have to interact only with American?

Sorry for any inconvenience? I hope all my queries will help you to remember the process you did in the Embassy and to describe us.

Again thanks for your help and co-ordination.

1. 8 am.
2. U reach 15 minutes before ur mentioned time. Their will be queu- dont bother. U have to make a line outside the embassy beside the road towards natun bazar point. u tell them u r fr DV visa. Dont take any electronic goods like- mobile, pen drive, calculator etc. Just show them ur 2nd letter envelop to them- if u take a bag or ur wifes handbag- they will check-its very casual. They will start to allow to get in at 8 am- dont bother how many people r infront of u- they will let u in. If u can be in front of the queue then u can enter the embassy earlier and get a chance to sit in a AC room- thats the only advantage u get( specially in hot weather only!!!).
Dont forget to take food inside - u will need it later- dont forget ur childrens liking! u can also buy inside- and even they will allow u to get outside to take ur lunch if needed.

3. After getting through first secuirity check- u hv to go through a security arch and baggage check( like airports!) before getting inside the cooridor of embassy.They dont give any token or serial number. u go straight to the ac room where the windows for interview is or u can wait in the room just beside the corridor( there is a toilet and arrangement for drinking water here) They will call by principal applicants name through sound system. All the windows r used fr every purpose- they will tell u the no of window where u hv to go.

4. After waiting fr about half an hour- they called my name and told me to appear before a window- SO be attentive to the announcement fr ur name and window no. This time a Bangladeshi lady asked fr our documents ( which will be mentioned in ur second letter - keep the documents in the same order mentioned in 2nd letter- if ur childs r school going plz take their ID card or report card or the card by which you take back ur kid from school ) and medical papers. We all went together as I was nervous but only One person can go there if he likes. U dont hv to pay now. We were told to wait then. After a while all dv applicants of that day were asked gather in the room beside the corridor. Then an American lady and a Bangladeshi lady came there to brief us. they specially pointed on - DV qualification, mistakes on documents( specially name), if their is any discripency of information between ur original application and submitted documents etc. They wanted us to submit the money if those r ok for us- they repeatedly warned all of us bout these.

5. After that they told us to wait there . Then they first called to window(1) for our finger prints. Make sure ur fingers r clean- u can keep a tissue paper for that. Only me and my husband had to give our fingerprints not our kids.( the process of giving fingerprint is continuosly shown in a TV screen- so u will easily understand- dont be nervous!)
After that again u hv to wait - then they will call u - this time to pay ur required TOTAL amount9 U can pay in dollars or in taka- whichever u like) They will give u reciept this time- keep it carefully!
By then it was lunch time( 1 o clock- if i can remember correctly)- so they told us to take our lunch and come back at 2 oclock. We took our lunch inside that room and waited fr final interview.
It was almost 2.15 when they called my name to wwidow no 6- this time there was an american lady with the bangladeshi lady who took our documents earlier. We were told to take oath this time. then again we were asked to give fingerprint again. The American lady matched it on cmputer screen with our previous one I suppose. Then she started to see our family photographs( given earlier with the documents) and tried to convince herself that we r the persons who applied for the visa. Then she verified the educational documents of me and my husband. As my husbands SSC and HSC certificates were in English- as he translated it about 20 yrs back- she asked when did he translated it? Unfotunately he had not his HSC admit card and his SSC card did not have a photo - so she told him to bring an ID which will be 2 years older than our DV winning date as proof of my husbands ID. She also asked me where do I live and can I give her the documents( Driving license or Library card etc) today. I had my driving licence with me but I suddenly remembered the DOB is not correct in it. So I replied I can not. Then she told it ok- urs documents r alright only ur husband needs the required thing. Then they gave us the DS-230 too sign.After that she gave us a blue paper mentioning the required things fr my husband. In the paper it was mentioned we hv to submit those within 30 th Sept otherwise our case will be closed. They gave our passports back with our Chest xrays.
My husband went to the embassy next day and gave a library card, an old passport and his BMDC registration with the blue paper and all our passports. They recieved it and told any one to come on next SUNDAY- but they did not gave any slip.
On that day he went to the Embassy. There were many DV applicants who were asked to come. After waiting in the room beside corridor- they started to give back passports with visa first then blue papers to some and asked others to stay( My husband was in last group). Then they came to each of them and asked why we r here today? He told her that from reception he was told to come. After that they told us to stay . After about an hour he was asked to go to a window and told that our papers r ok- they will let us know over phone when to coolect our passports( they did not tell that we will get a visa!). Most probably my husband had to go through a name check with FBI. Anyway on 3 rd Spt ( our Intrview was on 15th July) Embassy called me to g to the embassy 0n 4th at 2;30 pm and on that day we got it. We were so tensed between that period though during our interview their attitude was very positive about us.

We were all present together in front of interview.We were together all the time. The lady who took our document were present with the american lady.
6. I answered it in no. 5. They did not tell us that our visa is approved.
7. U hv to submit it with ur documents earlier, - wrtten in 2nd letter. Keep them in an envelope- younger age photo, marriage time photo, photo with kids like this which will help ur family to establish ur true identity.
8. From 7.15 to 3 0 clock almost- it may take longer! be prepared.
9. Take food for kids, Dress as u like it does not need suite and tie like this- wear shirt, pants and shoe, wife can wear salwar kameez or saree - does not matter I think- be smart and tension free.
10. Original with photocopy then translation with photocopy of each in the order mentioned in second letter. First principal applicants doc, then my husbands and then my kids(2- older then younger). U can keep them in one file one after another-keeping a tag for each one like husband, wife, first kid 2nd kid etc.
11. Keep all other docs seperately which r not mentioned in 2nd letter. only show them if they ask for like Bank statement or Affidavit of support ( We were not asked for it though We had those with us).
12. U can answer the question on her behalf. Even all can speak in Bangla- a Bangladeshi lady will be there to translate.
13. Their r many Bangladeshis there - U can always ask help from them. Only during final interview and during early briefing u will face Americans- but every time u will hv a bangladeshi with them- dont worry- they r helpful.

Thank you all.
SOHANA

1. 8 am.
2. U reach 15 minutes before ur mentioned time. Their will be queu- dont bother. U have to make a line outside the embassy beside the road towards natun bazar point. u tell them u r fr DV visa. Dont take any electronic goods like- mobile, pen drive, calculator etc. Just show them ur 2nd letter envelop to them- if u take a bag or ur wifes handbag- they will check-its very casual. They will start to allow to get in at 8 am- dont bother how many people r infront of u- they will let u in. If u can be in front of the queue then u can enter the embassy earlier and get a chance to sit in a AC room- thats the only advantage u get( specially in hot weather only!!!).
Dont forget to take food inside - u will need it later- dont forget ur childrens liking! u can also buy inside- and even they will allow u to get outside to take ur lunch if needed.

3. After getting through first secuirity check- u hv to go through a security arch and baggage check( like airports!) before getting inside the cooridor of embassy.They dont give any token or serial number. u go straight to the ac room where the windows for interview is or u can wait in the room just beside the corridor( there is a toilet and arrangement for drinking water here) They will call by principal applicants name through sound system. All the windows r used fr every purpose- they will tell u the no of window where u hv to go.

4. After waiting fr about half an hour- they called my name and told me to appear before a window- SO be attentive to the announcement fr ur name and window no. This time a Bangladeshi lady asked fr our documents ( which will be mentioned in ur second letter - keep the documents in the same order mentioned in 2nd letter- if ur childs r school going plz take their ID card or report card or the card by which you take back ur kid from school ) and medical papers. We all went together as I was nervous but only One person can go there if he likes. U dont hv to pay now. We were told to wait then. After a while all dv applicants of that day were asked gather in the room beside the corridor. Then an American lady and a Bangladeshi lady came there to brief us. they specially pointed on - DV qualification, mistakes on documents( specially name), if their is any discripency of information between ur original application and submitted documents etc. They wanted us to submit the money if those r ok for us- they repeatedly warned all of us bout these.

5. After that they told us to wait there . Then they first called to window(1) for our finger prints. Make sure ur fingers r clean- u can keep a tissue paper for that. Only me and my husband had to give our fingerprints not our kids.( the process of giving fingerprint is continuosly shown in a TV screen- so u will easily understand- dont be nervous!)
After that again u hv to wait - then they will call u - this time to pay ur required TOTAL amount9 U can pay in dollars or in taka- whichever u like) They will give u reciept this time- keep it carefully!
By then it was lunch time( 1 o clock- if i can remember correctly)- so they told us to take our lunch and come back at 2 oclock. We took our lunch inside that room and waited fr final interview.
It was almost 2.15 when they called my name to wwidow no 6- this time there was an american lady with the bangladeshi lady who took our documents earlier. We were told to take oath this time. then again we were asked to give fingerprint again. The American lady matched it on cmputer screen with our previous one I suppose. Then she started to see our family photographs( given earlier with the documents) and tried to convince herself that we r the persons who applied for the visa. Then she verified the educational documents of me and my husband. As my husbands SSC and HSC certificates were in English- as he translated it about 20 yrs back- she asked when did he translated it? Unfotunately he had not his HSC admit card and his SSC card did not have a photo - so she told him to bring an ID which will be 2 years older than our DV winning date as proof of my husbands ID. She also asked me where do I live and can I give her the documents( Driving license or Library card etc) today. I had my driving licence with me but I suddenly remembered the DOB is not correct in it. So I replied I can not. Then she told it ok- urs documents r alright only ur husband needs the required thing. Then they gave us the DS-230 too sign.After that she gave us a blue paper mentioning the required things fr my husband. In the paper it was mentioned we hv to submit those within 30 th Sept otherwise our case will be closed. They gave our passports back with our Chest xrays.
My husband went to the embassy next day and gave a library card, an old passport and his BMDC registration with the blue paper and all our passports. They recieved it and told any one to come on next SUNDAY- but they did not gave any slip.
On that day he went to the Embassy. There were many DV applicants who were asked to come. After waiting in the room beside corridor- they started to give back passports with visa first then blue papers to some and asked others to stay( My husband was in last group). Then they came to each of them and asked why we r here today? He told her that from reception he was told to come. After that they told us to stay . After about an hour he was asked to go to a window and told that our papers r ok- they will let us know over phone when to coolect our passports( they did not tell that we will get a visa!). Most probably my husband had to go through a name check with FBI. Anyway on 3 rd Spt ( our Intrview was on 15th July) Embassy called me to g to the embassy 0n 4th at 2;30 pm and on that day we got it. We were so tensed between that period though during our interview their attitude was very positive about us.

We were all present together in front of interview.We were together all the time. The lady who took our document were present with the american lady.
6. I answered it in no. 5. They did not tell us that our visa is approved.
7. U hv to submit it with ur documents earlier, - wrtten in 2nd letter. Keep them in an envelope- younger age photo, marriage time photo, photo with kids like this which will help ur family to establish ur true identity.
8. From 7.15 to 3 0 clock almost- it may take longer! be prepared.
9. Take food for kids, Dress as u like it does not need suite and tie like this- wear shirt, pants and shoe, wife can wear salwar kameez or saree - does not matter I think- be smart and tension free.
10. Original with photocopy then translation with photocopy of each in the order mentioned in second letter. First principal applicants doc, then my husbands and then my kids(2- older then younger). U can keep them in one file one after another-keeping a tag for each one like husband, wife, first kid 2nd kid etc.
11. Keep all other docs seperately which r not mentioned in 2nd letter. only show them if they ask for like Bank statement or Affidavit of support ( We were not asked for it though We had those with us).
12. U can answer the question on her behalf. Even all can speak in Bangla- a Bangladeshi lady will be there to translate.
13. Their r many Bangladeshis there - U can always ask help from them. Only during final interview and during early briefing u will face Americans- but every time u will hv a bangladeshi with them- dont worry- they r helpful.

Thank you all.
SOHANA
Please reply to the thread regularly- then it will be on first page of the forum regularly- help other bangladeshi too.

Pls at least give thanks!!!

Readers please rply to the thread after reading it - in that case it will be on first page regularly- this can help another Bangladeshi as you. So plz REPLY always.
SOHANA

UPDATED Process to get PCC

Just to let all Dhaka DV winners know, getting PCC process has changed a bit compare to the one described by Sohana below.

Now, Dhaka Metropolitan Police head office at Mintu Road has a One Stop Service Center for issuing PCC. You need to submit fee at Bank as mentioned by Sohana.

Then take a copy of your passport (5 pages), write an application in white page to Police Commisioner asking for a PCC (provide your cell number at your signature) and take the money reciept from the bank. Take only this 3 things and submit at the one stop service center at minto road. (you can carry your original passport just in case they want to see)

Your paper will be sent to your local thana by the DMP office and your local thana will verify by visiting your home or calling you on phone. You don't need to contact to your local thana at any point of time.

Please keep in mind, based on the current address mentioned in your passport, DMP will send your doc to your local thana. If you don't live physically in your passport's current address (and you also don't have any relative living there who can answer question on behalf of you) then tell DMP to send docs to local thana based on your Passport's permanent address.

If you have nobody both in your passport's permanent or current address - then only option you have is to get a new passport with correct addresses.
I suggest not make any alteration on your exiting passport - becaue you will use this passport during the CP interview and US embassy is very sensitive on any alteration/modifications.

After you submit doc at DMP at minto road they will give you a recipt and will ask to come after 1 week. During this week, your local thana will verify your address. On the delivery date go early morning to the DMP office. Collect your PCC with a attached letter (in an envelope, addressed to Foreign Ministry). Then go to press club and notary the original police certificate (in the back side of the page). You may want to keep a photocopy of PCC with you for future references.

Then go to Foreign Ministry (opposite to national eid gah field) and submit the notarized PCC, letter along with your passport copy (5 pages). Do not keep your docs in any envelope, keep it open. If you can submit early then you may get it on the same day after lunch. Otherwise you need to collect it next day after lunch. After submitting don't forget to get the reciept - it will be needed to collect delivery. Please be cautious, submitting and collecting authorized PCC from foreign ministry is a very messy tasks - they just don't have any process to make the whole thing smooth. You may need to push people and shout a lot to reach the delivery window!!!

Thanks and good luck.

Steps r as follows:

To
Police Commissioner
Dhaka MetropolitanPolice
Dhaka
Attach a Photo of each applicant( 18 yrs and above) with a seperate application for each one. Also give photocopy of ur Holding tax copy or SSC certificate or a Nationility or Character certificate from ur local WARD COMMISSIONER.

3.Then take the application with the papers and also PHTOCOPY OF respective PASSPORT to ur local thana. Hand over this things to them. Within few days the local police will enquire at ur address and give you a slip mentioning the date of ur certificate delivery( Dont forget to give some money for their cha-pani!!!).

4.On the mentioned day u have to go to Mintoo Road Police Commissiner Office (DMP)- (near Holy Family Hospital or Ramna Thana - the road from Magbazar crossing towards Bailey road , it will be on ur right hand side). After reporting and givng ur slip there u hv to wait fr some time. Then they will give u the certificate with a letter in an envelope.

5.Then u hv to attest the certificate from FOREIGN MINISTRY OFFICE near High court. If u can reach the office and give the envelope (OF COURSE DONT FORGET TO GIVE ANOTHER SET OF PHOTOCOPY OF UR PASSPORT with it ) before 11 AM u will get it back on the same day after 2 pM . If u give after 11 but before 1 PM( U must go to the office before 1 pm because after that they wont take ur paper) u hv to come next day at 2 Pm to receive the attested copy. After receiving ur paper- they will give u numbered plastic ring which u hv to return when u take ur certified certificate. Each day the delivery time is after 2PM.

Thank you
SOHANA
got DV visa 30th Aug, hv to reach USA before 28 th fEB,2009.

Update on getting a PCC in Dhaka - March 2009

I got a PCC this month and just like to inform you the process has become more hassle free! The total process usually takes a week. Now it is truly a one stop service. Here is how I got my PCC:

1. Wrote an application in Bangla and addressed to
Police Commissioner
Dhaka MetropolitanPolice
Dhaka

In the application clearly mention you need the PCC in English. Make sure you mention the passport number and present OR permanent address. This is the address where police will visit to verify your identity. Make sure you mention your mobile number(s) as well.

2. Went to Bangladesh Bank, took 3 chalan forms and paid Tk 250 with CODE NO: 1-2201-0001-2681 in the chalan form. After depositing the money, they gave me 1 chalan form and kept the other 2.

3. Went to DMP Office at Minto Road One Stop Service and gave them the following:
(i) photocopy of first 5 pages of my passport
(ii) the Bangla application I wrote in step 1
(iii) the chalan form
(no photos are necessary)

They gave me a acknowledgment of receipt of application with the date of delivery written on it.

4. The next day the police from my thana called me on my cell and visited me (two men, one in uniform and another in plain clothes) and visited my landlord's home to verify how long I lived there. (Although I did not give them any money and also recommend you not to give them any money, you may give them Tk. 200 for cha-pani, based on their body language)

5. On the day of the delivery I went to DMP office and collected my PCC, giving them the acknowledgment of receipt of application they gave me. (There is NO NEED to go to Foreign Ministry any more as DMP will do it for you.)

So for people in Dhaka, it is totally hassle free. I would say the process is comparable or even easier than getting a PCC from first world countries.

HI FRIENDS ,
I've done my graduation from pune .India and now I'm back in my country (Bangladesh). Now I need to get a Pcc(Police certificate) from India as I was there for more than 6 months.

But U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE website saying :
“Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants applying outside India.”

Plz check the link: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/re...3582.html#docs

Does that mean that I don’t need a police certificate from India??

Please give me some feedback. Thanks.

Getting PCC from more than one place in Bangladesh

Has anyone got more than one police clearance certificate from different places in Bangladesh? I am in the process of arranging consular processing for my wife in Bangladesh. The problem is she has lived in more than one places in Bangladesh (Mymensingh, Dhaka, Sylhet) and the National Visa Center website says that if you live for more than six months in different places in a country you need PCC from each of those places. However, I heard that in Bangladesh if you get PCC from one police station it is valid for the whole country and you cannot get PCC from any other police station. But the question is how are you going to make the visa authorities believe that? Does anyone have any experience on this?
Thanks very much.

sun1000
one pcc will do- embassy knows that- so dont be confused- u need differen pcc if u live in different countries- not in diff. places in ur country.
gl

Police Certificate

Thank you for your valuable inputs. I do agree that the process described here to get a police certificate in Dhaka is better than most of the developed countries. In USA it takes 10-13 weeks to get FBI clearence..lol

Ok my question is-

1. [1] does the Police Certificate mentions all the addresses you resided in Dhaka?
    [2] do we need to mention all the addresses while applying for a PC in the application?
    [3] What if the investigating officers ask my parents (coz I am not in Bangladesh) how long we are staying here, and he replies for 5 years, then will they visit to my previous address to varify my staying as well?

Plz friends.. give me your insights ASAP.

[1] does the Police Certificate mentions all the addresses you resided in Dhaka?
[2] do we need to mention all the addresses while applying for a PC in the application?
[3] What if the investigating officers ask my parents (coz I am not in Bangladesh) how long we are staying here, and he replies for 5 years, then will they visit to my previous address to verify my staying as well?
there is no need or checking of previous addresses.