Procedure For UK Visitor Visa

PRholder

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I am posting this for other's who might be looking for information on applying for UK Visitor Visa from the US and don't have to go through the hard yards searching for information as most of us come to sites like this for information

I just got visitor visa for UK for me and my wife and I am posting the steps we took for getting the visa.

This site was initially used by us for finding information on applying for visa information from the US. I got an email from them on the details on how to go about applying for UK Visa
https://www.visainfoservices.com/Pages/Welcome.aspx

1) From the dropdown, select the country you are applying from (United States in our case)

2) Send an Email Inquiry with your questions - They will respond within a day - They are very good at it - I send around 4 questions and they did reply in a day with valid and reasonable answers. If urgent, you can also use the phone service (for which they charge)

3a) Complete an Online Application, including fees. I payed USD 142.00 for Visa as well as Express mailing service for 1 applicant

3b) While doing the online application, also book a fingerprinting appointment. you can change the fingerprinting appointment later on. There is no fee for the fingerprinting (the fees I guess is included in the $130 application fees). I went to Boston Center.

4) Once you get the fingerprinting receipt from the fingerprinting appointment with a stamp, send it along with the online application and supporting documents (Valid US Visa Information - In my case, we sent advance parole (Original - We had to send original. Send a copy along so that they send the Original back to you), H1 visa extension papers, Previous H1 approval papers, Letter from Employer on Current Employment, Flight Arrival and Departure Itenaries from UK, Financial Documents (Bank Statements etc), Pay Stubs - Send them to the address the consulate in your area (Mine was in New York).

5) I got an email from them that they have received the package and we will get an update in 5-10 days. We got an update about the visa issued email in 2 days and the passports (We also got the original Advance Parole document back, which we had to send)sent back to us in 1 day (overnight delivery). We had paid for it upfront.

Thanks and any questions, I might be able to answer I would be glad to - that is considering I view the post :)

Few questions about UK Visitor Visa application Process

PRholder,

Hope you doing well. I am in USA on a valid H1B visa in my current passport and planning to visit London along with my wife while coming back to USA from India. We have applied online and got the fingerprinting done today. I have few questions before i mail out the printed visa application along with the relevant documents. May be you can help..

1) I am planning to mail my and my wife's application in the same envelope. Is that ok or we should mail them separately ?
2) Should i submit original copy of my previous passport (which is expired now) and Marriage Certificate or photocopy will suffice ?
3) What documents should be included with my wife's application ? FYI.. She is on H4 Visa so cant work legally, hence a homemaker.
4) We own a Row House in India. Should we send a 'Sale Deed' as a proof or it falls under 'nice to have' catagory and not required ?

Thanks for your help. Wish you a happy new year !! Waiting for your reply.

Reply for what to send

Not sure if I am late to reply.. but I just returned back (after visiting London - which is cold during Dec and Jan, so pack your winter clothes if you plan to go there) and had minimal or no internet to login

1) I am planning to mail my and my wife's application in the same envelope. Is that ok or we should mail them separately ? - Same envelope is fine

2) Should i submit original copy of my previous passport (which is expired now) and Marriage Certificate or photocopy will suffice ? - Photocopies are fine

3) What documents should be included with my wife's application ? FYI.. She is on H4 Visa so cant work legally, hence a homemaker. - H4 visa approval copy is fine. Also, other than marriage certi, not much is needed from her.

4) We own a Row House in India. Should we send a 'Sale Deed' as a proof or it falls under 'nice to have' catagory and not required ? - That is a nice to have category.. but i believe too much documents is not really needed

Good Luck

Hi everyone!

I have a few questions about finishing up my UK visitor visa application. I applied online and also paid online ($129.00) for the biometrics. My appointment is tomorrow and it said I only have to bring the paper and my passport (I have that ready). And on the paper it says that within two weeks of my biometrics appointment, I have to mail in my supporting documents to the L.A. address on the paper.

My question is what do I mail along with my stamped biometrics appointment paper? Do I send in my original passport? Do I send copies of my husband's and kids' passports (they are US Citizens and don't need a visa, I'm the only one applying). Bank statements? We don't have tickets yet because I need to tell my aunt in UK that I finally have a visa and we will tell her when we are going to visit her (depends on my husband's job and so we don't know yet as of right now) so she can pay my sons' tickets. What else do I need to mail with my passport??? Anybody help me please! Thanks! Do I mail a copy of my permanent resident card (front and back) or something???? Thank you!!!

uk visitor visa got today

Hi Bella Blues ,
I have mailed passport along with the stamped biometric report to the consular office ,in my case New York.I have included original marriage registration certificate ,bank statements ,sponsorship letter , I-20 (which university issues for students),itinerary details and of course the filled out application form.I also included photocopies of original documents so that if they want they can keep photocopies.I mailed them on monday and I received email notifying that my visa has been approved on friday.
hope these will help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Psoting document

How does one send the document throuhg FED EX or UPS stores
Do i need to take care of anythign while shipping the documents

Hi dkur,
I mailed all the documents in a single envelope through Fedex.They gave us a tracking number and we have got notification from the consulate upon arrival.

Thanks Pretty Sree
How much did the consulate take to send a notification ?. Was this on email or by Post ?

Fedex indicated they delivered the package on thur morning (2/6/2009).

Okay, I have everything ready now, does it have to be FedEx? Will the regular post office work, I can mail priority with insurance and signature confirmation or delivery confirmation or something. Any suggestions?

At port of entry

thanks all.
I got my visitor visa and my spouse too.

At port of entry in UK other than Passport,what all document i need to carry ?

thanks all.
I got my visitor visa and my spouse too.

At port of entry in UK other than Passport,what all document i need to carry ?

The might ask u were u are staying, the name of the person and relationship. Thats about it.
For some reason, my ears were hurting so bad after i got off the plane so the immigration offce was kinda yelling so that i could hear him and it was very funny.
anyways, getting into the UK as a visitor is not as complicated as getting into the US as a visitor.

I just wanted to add that while the UK Consulate Website is unclear about whether they need the original Greencard, I found that they do accept certified copies of one's Greencard. I got mine notarized by Bank of America.
My visa was sent back within 10 days.
Hope that helps.

Hello Everyone,

I was Applying to one of the Belize University in Central America. Here in my Country Nigeria they dont have Embassy or High Commission which can help in process of Visa.

The School said i have to Transit through British High Commission, which mean i have to get a Transit Visa from UK Embassy.

My Question is:

What are the Check list of Airside Transit Visa from UK?
What the Necessary Document i need to tender in other to been given Transit visa Permit?

Any Respond contributed will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Niass.