Problem with Employer

myabhi

Hello,

Please help me in the below:

I am working with Company 'A'. Company 'B' has filed for my H1 transfer. I placed resignation in 'A' giving 2 weeks notice.

But 'A', being India based IT company who transferred me to US branch office, asking me to go back to India and resign with India notice period clause. They have this line in the transfer/offer letter given to me for their US branch.

I have commited on a certain date to 'B' and can not afford (in terms of duration required) to go back India and resign at India and come here to join 'B'. There might be even some Visa problem to re-enter.

Please can you guide me on how can I push back on my 'A' company for their demand of going back to India.

In worst case, I will be moving out of 'A' at end of my notice period and will join 'B'. But in such case, 'A' will not give me experience and releaving letters.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards.

Just move on. Company A is just miffed. Don't go back to India. That's ridiculous. Send them a letter via FEDEX. A lot less expensive than a plane ticket.

No one dictate you to go back to India (other than USCIS) from USA , for resignation.
Just ignore them.

But make sure your company B file the papers and you have receipt copy with you before joining B.

Indian company may cancel your H1, so filing H1 through B is very very urgent

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Please help me in the below:

I am working with Company 'A'. Company 'B' has filed for my H1 transfer. I placed resignation in 'A' giving 2 weeks notice.

But 'A', being India based IT company who transferred me to US branch office, asking me to go back to India and resign with India notice period clause. They have this line in the transfer/offer letter given to me for their US branch.

I have commited on a certain date to 'B' and can not afford (in terms of duration required) to go back India and resign at India and come here to join 'B'. There might be even some Visa problem to re-enter.

Please can you guide me on how can I push back on my 'A' company for their demand of going back to India.

In worst case, I will be moving out of 'A' at end of my notice period and will join 'B'. But in such case, 'A' will not give me experience and releaving letters.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards.