• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Problem after winning dv lottery 2017

Drdvlottery2017

I've a problem in my dv lottery win, I failed to record one of my children in the initial entry bcz he didn't have a photo.
His age at time of entry was 5 months old.
in my ds260 form, i clicked on as applicant and started to add my 2nd son details, after that, i realized that this may disqualify my whole case, so i stopped completing the additional form of my 2nd son.
In my form and in my wife's form, i answered the question "how many children you have" by the truth and said 2.
Now I'm asking about the possibility of passing the interview with the minimum loss to avoid total disqualification of my case.. Can you help me view can i do this?

Unfortunately your case will be denied regardless of if you completed the DS260 form for your 2nd child or not. Failure to include all the kids on the eDV registration will result in a denial, there's no other solution.

Like @EmilyW said above, save your time and your resources by not continuing with the process.

But you can still try.

What's the point, if you know you are disqualified? A few hundred dollars per person for the medical and another $330 per person for the interview fee, plus the time spent on both, all down the drain.

He will be disqualified. There is no amount of positivity that will apply and to give him hope is cruel.

I understand the mantra / philosophy of hoping for the best, but immigration to the US is based upon rules. Don't follow the rules = don't get the outcome. There is no way the Consular Officer will approve this.

Positivity is the way.

Positivity has absolutely nothing to do with this. The rules were put in place for a reason. Be sure you have a good understanding of the DV process before going about and giving people false hopes!

I've got an idea,
Please remember that my case number is not current till now around 35000 in egypt.
What if i got a tourist visa to the us alone without my family members, then went inside USA and then it will be easy to have my green card.
After that i can have a case through an attorney to get a Visa and green card for the rest of my family.

I've got an idea,
Please remember that my case number is not current till now around 35000 in egypt.
What if i got a tourist visa to the us alone without my family members, then went inside USA and then it will be easy to have my green card.
After that i can have a case through an attorney to get a Visa and green card for the rest of my family.

Ok, I didn't connect the comment to the earlier question. Your case will be disqualified as you have already been told..

Last edited:
Problem with your plan is that entering the US using a non-immigrant visa with the intent to adjust status is fraud, which could lead to a ban.

Secondly, you've already submitted a DS260 which suggests that you want to immigrate. It will be difficult, if not impossible, to get a tourist visa when the Consulate know you have already tried to immigrate.

You really just need to give up at this point and start again.

I've got an idea,

That will be a fraudulent attempt! In general we do not advise nor engage in conversation with people who are looking for fraudulent means of obtain an immigration benefit. But I will make an exception in this case and break it down for you.

Entering the US with a NIV with a concealed immigrant intent is fraudulent misrepresentation on its own.

Also trying to get a GC from within the US simply because you think it may be easy to get away with your failure to follow the DV instructions in the first place, and subsequently filing for your family, is also a fraudulent attempt at manipulating the system.

Thank you all for giving me your advices and your precious time, i will be waiting for the next lottery to apply again.

Sorry for appearing as a fraudulent, I've no intention to be like that, I'm just trying to catch an 0.001% opportunity i got and scared of losing such opportunity.