Priority date from previous labor.

No

dallasking said:
Is it possible to transfer pd from eb3 labor to a new eb2 labor?
Thanks

no..u cant transfer pd from one eb category to an other eb category...otherwise all these eb3s wud have changed to eb2..

Yes you can tranfer your PD between eb1, eb2 and eb3 categories after your first 140 is approved. The law is very clear on this.

n77 said:
no..u cant transfer pd from one eb category to an other eb category...otherwise all these eb3s wud have changed to eb2..

Typical trasnfer from PD from eb2 to eb3 question

Hi All,

Here is my case:

Company A PD dec-03 labor approved -- EB-3 i-140 Denied ability2pay
I-485 denied

Company B PD Aug-04 labor approved -- EB-3 I-140 Approved i-485 pend.
Company B PD Aug-05 labor approved -- EB-2 I-140 Pending (Substitute labor)

I am still working for Company A and not B. Company B filed my papers as a future employee.
What is the best thing for me to do have I-485 approved as early as possible!
Thanks a lot,
Sarwar

Questions regarding Labor Substitution

All/Experts,

I applied for Labor in June 2004 and another employee from the same company, same job description, same group had applied in June 2003. He was recently "let go". I was wondering if I could use the labor petition filed for him. In this case:

1) How is the PD affected if/when I go in for a substituted labor ?
2) Will the PD for the purposes of filing for I-485 filing be
a) My current PD, or
b) The date of filing of the LC which I wish to use, or
c) The date when the I-485 application is filed (this option seems strange as I did not understand how will someone be able to file I-485 without the date being current due to retrogression), or
d) The date when I-140 is filed with the substituted LC ?
3) What are the repercussions on the process if this labor has not been approved ?
4) What happens to my current PD and LC ? Would I still be able to use this in case something goes wrong with the substitution ?

What would the advantages be of using a substituion vs. the disadvantages at this stage ?

This is for EB2/RIR, MD.

Thanks in advance.

can I use Previous comany Labor applied date for I485

Hi All,

Please clarify this for me.

I filed labor in 2003 oct from Company A and moved to Company B and applied for perm got approved in 2005 and I140 also got approved in 2006.
My question is Can I use Company A's labor file date as priority for my I485 filing from Company B?

Please give me your views on this.