Previous Employer trying to Sue me.

Chandraratne

I worked for a company who brought me to USA and after two and half years they gave me new a contract and force me to sign it by delaying my GC process, however later they had issue with the client and ask me to stop working for the client and after 10 days client gave me offer which I accepted. My previous company did not have direct contract with my current employer as I was hired via third party company. Now they sue me for breaching my second contract , they want me to pay them for 1000 hours and GC card expenses which never reached even i-143. Please advice

Previous Employer Trying to sue me

I worked for a company who brought me to USA and after two and half years they gave me new a contract and force me to sign it by delaying my GC process, however later they had issue with the client and ask me to stop working for the client and after 10 days client gave me offer which I accepted. My previous company did not have direct contract with my current employer as I was hired via third party company. Now they sue me for breaching my second contract , they want me to pay them for 1000 hours and GC card expenses which never reached even i-143. Please advice

No Title

If your company is based in NJ. File a complaint to the following address:
ADdress: US Dept of Labour,
         Wage and hour division,
         3131, priceton pike,
         bldg 5,
         Room no 216
         Laurance ville, NJ 08648.
         609-989-2247 ph / 609-989-0457 fax

Complain to State DOL & discuss with your current HR

That will probably solve the problem.
Though you should consult a lawyer before making any move, here are some points to ponder:
Why does your past employer want to sue you?
Did you agree in writing to work for a limited time or infinitely?
Did you choose the lawyer for GC or the company chose?
Can someone invite you to USA for work & coerce you to sign an unfavorable agreement?