Pregnancy and Green Card Filing - Medical Examination Questions.

gcsponsor9

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My Wife is 5 Months Pregnant. I just became a U.S. Citizen. What happens if we go to a USCIS designated doctor now?
I know she cannot take vaccinations as she is pregnant. So will they ask to wait until pregnancy is over or is it ok to file for green card despite of lack of vaccinations due to pregnancy?

What is the safest way not to generate a query? Is safest way to wait or is it safe to go ahead and file green card without vaccinations taken?

Thanks

Does she have vaccination records from earlier in life? She might not need any vaccinations now, depending on what she got before and whether she has the records to prove it.

The medical is not optional; the green card application will ultimately be rejected without it. She should go to the medical, show them the vaccination records, and discuss the situation regarding her pregnancy. They may be able to complete the examination with a postponement of the vaccinations.

See http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=6abe6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD
Q. I am pregnant and do not wish to receive any vaccinations. Do I still have to get them to be able to obtain permanent resident status in the United States?

A. If you are pregnant, the CDC's Technical Instructions direct the civil surgeon how to evaluate the vaccines you are able to receive during pregnancy. If the civil surgeon cannot safely administer a required vaccine, he/she will annotate the Form I-693 by marking the vaccine as contraindicated. See link to the right for information on pregnancy and vaccinations in general.

No, she does not have any vaccination records.
What happens in this case?

Does she have vaccination records from earlier in life? She might not need any vaccinations now, depending on what she got before and whether she has the records to prove it.

The medical is not optional; the green card application will ultimately be rejected without it. She should go to the medical, show them the vaccination records, and discuss the situation regarding her pregnancy. They may be able to complete the examination with a postponement of the vaccinations.

See http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=6abe6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

You can do the medical while pregnant. They simply won't do the things that are not recommended for pregnant people.

She can the medical examination they will not give her vaccinations that will harm the baby. Some vaccines are ok to get will pregnant.

It is not possible for us to get the records of Vaccination
With the way things go on in certain places around the world, wherever she is from, it would be hard to get vaccination records until the baby is born.

She's never been vaccinated, or she just can't find the records right now?

If she was vaccinated, it might be possible to obtain the records from the doctor or hospital in her home country.