PR card Query

rb2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi we got our landing papers 2 days back and are planning to land in Canada sometime next month. My spouse is on H1 and we were planning to go for 2-3 days and then come back to US. We will be staying with a very close friend who lives in Vancouver. I need to know:

1. Will there be a problem coming back to US without the PR card ?

2. Can we give our friends address in Vancouver for mailing the PR cards?

3. Also some people on this forum have mentioned that you have to go to blue/green counters at CIC personally to get your PR card. Is that true? Can't they be mailed?

4. I can't wait in Canada for 6-8 weeks for the PR card. In that case can I reenter Canada a month or two after my first landing, to get the PR card personally.

waiting eagerly for a reply

1) No there is no problem u can give their address

2) Yes You can say that is you are address for corrospondance.

3)If you r landing first time .they mail ur PR card . They told me the same (I'm Waiting for the card , it will take 4-8 weeks of time)

5) If you stayed more than one month , then u need to give some expalnation to them , They take current I-94 card and issue u the new card. Also if u dont have valid visa on ur passport , u need to get the new visa. otherwise u cannot come inside (this is what my lawyer told me last time , so that is why we made our trip shorter).

Don't forget to apply for SIN Card also. You will get it in 3-4 weeks of time[\B].

Good luck

Thanks canus_immi
.... and yes I do have valid visa and I-94.

Whats about getting Health card especially if you planning to land by flying to Vancouver. Some people in the forum have said that in Ontario area you need to stay 3 months before you get health card. Is that true for Vancouver too?

PR card Question : Client ID ?

Hi all..

What client ID needs to be entered in the PR card form? someone told me it was your SIN # .. is that correct? Can anyone who filled out their PR card application please help.

Thanks,
Furat