PR card issue

xl088

Registered Users (C)
Hi all

Is there any link to check PR card status online? I don't receive my card since I landed on Feb.8.

Anybody re-enter Canada with PR card recently? Pls share the experience.

I heard that it would be a problem when you re-enter Canada with PR card. Suppose you landed, applied PR card and then left Canada soon before you got your PR card. You received the PR card outside of Canada from your friend or relative after several weeks. There is a big problem when you plan to re-enter Canada with PR card. Because PR card holder need to fill in a special form when he enter US from Canada, and need to return the form when he re-enter Canada. He will be asked when he left Canada. I am not sure if the form is I94. It will be terrible for those people who have left Canada without PR card if the special form is different from I94.

The above news is only suitable for those people who left Canada without their PR cards after they applied it. I am not sure if it is true. pls help me to confirm it.

Thanks.

PR card issue
*** Please let us know where you read what you have posted

Is there any link to check PR card status online? I don't receive my card since I landed on Feb.8.
*** NO online --- but if you want to make a call for PR Card information you have to call 1 800 255-4541 (you can not make a call from US on this number from home or office phone but you can make a call use Calling card)
Anybody re-enter Canada with PR card recently? Pls share the experience.
** I don’t know
I heard that it would be a problem when you re-enter Canada with PR card.
** Where you heard this? Any source?
** No problem to you re-enter Canada with PR card if you have valid PR status
Suppose you landed, applied PR card and then left Canada soon before you got your PR card. You received the PR card outside of Canada from your friend or relative after several weeks. There is a big problem when you plan to re-enter Canada with PR card.
** No problem, who told you it is a big problem?
Because PR card holder need to fill in a special form when he enter US from Canada, and need to return the form when he re-enter Canada.
** yes that is I-94, what is the problem filing up I-94 form? You will also need valid US Visa sticker in your passport if you want to enter US.
He will be asked when he left Canada. I am not sure if the form is I94. It will be terrible for those people who have left Canada without PR card if the special form is different from I94.
** I don’t have any knowledge about other form may be US customs or Canada customs form but it is not a problem to fill up.
The above news is only suitable for those people who left Canada without their PR cards after they applied it.
** Who told you? Where you read this NEWS? Please stop spreading the rumors
I am not sure if it is true. pls help me to confirm it.
*** I hope such kind of NEWS can be only confirmed by CIC or BCIS talk to them.
Good luck!!

I am also not sure whether the information xl088 has posted is correct or not. I haven't heard of any problem so far for a person who has left canada without PR card and then re-entering canada making it difficult.

But it is always good to know all this thing. you never know when the rules changes.

PR card

Immi_can,

Did you receive PR card. I am also in the same boat as you. My wife's PR card arrived but not mine. It's been over 40 days.
Let me know about your's.

Ginnu which calling card are you talking about?

Ginnu,

Can you please provide a link to the calling card you used to call PR card office 800 number from US? I tried a few cards and none of them worked.

Thanks,
logicators

The best option will be to ask one of your friends IN Canada to call 1- 800- 255-4541. Provide your name as on passport DOB to your friend
I don’t remember which card I used from US I tried 2-3 card don’t remember which one worked but I hope it was MCI Prepaid card, you can ask the MCI Customer service 1-800-201-2788 if that card can be used for making a call from US to Canada.
Best option to call your friend IN canada and much better.

Enquiry

Ginnu,

What are the details CIC will ask when we are making PR card enquiry?? Just Name and DOB is enough to give it to friend??

Name and DOB, passport # and date of landing and where you compleated landing like border post or Airport

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all

I am posting an excerpt from www.settlement.org, this link is provided in CIC site. I am sure this will answer some questions

After landing in Canada, what if I need to return to my country to settle my affairs?

You have some options.

Ideally, you should wait until you have your Permanent Resident Card.

If you gave Citizenship and Immigration Canada an address here in Canada, but you left before the Card was mailed to you, you can ask your family or friends who live at that address to send you the PR Card. You can then re-enter Canada with your PR Card. However, if the PR Card is lost in the mail for some reason, you may have difficulty getting a new PR Card in time to return.

Re: Enquiry

Originally posted by mrp2612
Ginnu,

What are the details CIC will ask when we are making PR card enquiry?? Just Name and DOB is enough to give it to friend??

ginnu,

I even not received mine . it has been over 90 days . I have to call and find out with those guys.

Let see