PR card application kit

Validity of Landing papers

Can anyone clarify this topis: Suppose you are entering Canada after 28th June, 2002 on Landing paper, canadian immgration guys usually stamp your papers as "Not Valid for Re-entry", as you will be applying for PR card. After few days of formalities, you get back to US.

So my question is What if your PR card may not arrive at a given address in Canada or lost somewhere in the mail. How can you enter Canada again to reapply? Can you use the same landing paper to re-enter or establish your status as permanent resident?

ANy experience person Please comment on this

Jalma

If anyone is going to Canada to apply for the new PR card, could you please post your experience.

I am planning on going there on a weekend and getting all my work done. Hopefully a bank will be open on Saturdays where I can take care of the $50.00 fee. Also I was wondering if I go there before the 15th of October if the bank will process my fee payment receipt. I am sure I can find a studio open on a Saturday for the photographs but it will be nice to know of a place which has some experience before going there. I thought of going to a police officer to get my photocopies certified.

Any ideas or suggestions is greatly appreciated. I will post my experience after I visit Canada.

RAJ5,

I am also planing to Visit Toronto to apply for PR card.

I have not declared my car at the time of landing and I am not going to take it to Canada as it is CAMRY 91 and is not admissable according to Canada standerd.

I compleated my landing by Air in 2002 before 28 June and left Canada after 2 weeks, I have got the SIN.

My question to you is that
1. I want to go by border this time and I read that once you are PR of Canada I can not drive my US plated car in Canada.

2.Should I take a rental car? one way or return ? what will be better, I will be staying for 4-5 days in Toronto and then will be back to US.

3.Will they ask any quastions if going by Rental car please suggest what will be better option for me.
I will be leaving from NJ.

I have asked my friend in Toronto for the photographs he said that you can find many Indian shops open saturday in Malton, Brampton, and Mississauga and Phothographers have made stamps required to be stamped at back of photographs.
He tod me that Notary will be better and he will take me to him.
Regarding the Gurantor he told me that he will get it for me from Gurudwara as Gurudwara priest are also clled Religious Priests and told me Toronto has many Gurudwaras.

I hope to reach by first week of OCT.

Please post your info after you get your work done.
All the best!!

inders99

Thanks for your input on obtaining a PR card. Now answering your questions:
I also am a PR of Canada and I reside in US. I have taken my car with US plates into Canada two times and I did not have any problems. If you are questioned you can always say that you are visiting Canada for the purpose of looking for a job and a place to stay. Tell them that once you find a place to stay you will be selling your car before permanently moving to Canada. Also show them that you have every intention of settling in Canada. This is just my opinion. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question to RAJ5

Hi RAJ5,

Would you please let me know where did you cross the border when you drive your own car with US license plate from the US to Canada? I am planning to drive my own car to Canada as well. But got different answers on whether I can drive my own car or not from different places....

Thanks.