Post-interview issues

HollyG

Hi, I'm a US citizen, trying desperately to get my Irish fiance to the US so we can get married.

We filed the I-129F in May and have been waiting ever since. My fiance had his interview around 3 weeks ago, and still the embassy has his passport. We were told that it would only take a week. We're concerned that something has gone wrong, but since we have absolutely no phone number except for a general helpline, we have no one to contact about this.

I just bought a house, which I'm not living in until my fiance gets here. My fiance has quit his job, thinking it would only be a matter of days until we were together.

Does anyone know what to do to get his visa? Or at least to talk to someone about the visa?

Also, I know that so many people have had it much worse than us, but I feel that we've been abused by this system. They haven't at any point told us what was going on, haven't allowed us to make any plans. We haven't seen each other in nearly 7 months. It's a longshot, I know, but is it possible to sue the USCIS for emotional damage and financial hardship or something?

Holidays!!

Hi, I'm a US citizen, trying desperately to get my Irish fiance to the US so we can get married.

We filed the I-129F in May and have been waiting ever since. My fiance had his interview around 3 weeks ago, and still the embassy has his passport. We were told that it would only take a week. We're concerned that something has gone wrong, but since we have absolutely no phone number except for a general helpline, we have no one to contact about this.

I just bought a house, which I'm not living in until my fiance gets here. My fiance has quit his job, thinking it would only be a matter of days until we were together.

Does anyone know what to do to get his visa? Or at least to talk to someone about the visa?

Also, I know that so many people have had it much worse than us, but I feel that we've been abused by this system. They haven't at any point told us what was going on, haven't allowed us to make any plans. We haven't seen each other in nearly 7 months. It's a longshot, I know, but is it possible to sue the USCIS for emotional damage and financial hardship or something?

Its all because of the timing....Christmas and New Years holidays....I am assuming..I am sure by now u must have moved in the new house...with him of course.

Firstly that was a bad idea. Regardless, your fiance should contant the embassy after a month has passed after the interview.

My fiance has quit his job, thinking it would only be a matter of days until we were together.

Guys, I need help. Every time I try and start my own thread, I get an error page. Backing up and trying again does no good; logging out and logging back in does no good; changing from Firefox to IE does no good.

If it's pertinent, I'm using Vista.

Last edited by a moderator: