Post Decision Activity - Your case is under review with a supervisor

I know the USCIS' requirement well but since it is a citation I still chose to disclose.

Think it this way: The worst thing could happen is just a couple months' delay due to it may require a supervisor's approval. It won't pose any real risk to the case since I have the disposition evidence and the tickets are not DUI and not over $500. The IO also recommended for approval, not "decision cannot be made".

I don't mind to wait a little longer just for the oath letter but I don't want to take chance because I learned in one case the IO denied a lady's case becasue IO considered she's not honest. Although it might be just a small chance but it depends on specific IO's personality/feeling/mood. They have the authority to deny a case.

Don't forget a tiger not biting you doesn't mean he doesn't eat meat. Just stay away from him to be 100% safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
rdxxs8513,

I guess you should be OK.. I had interview last week, everything went well, I had a traffic ticket and disclosed it.
IO said she is recommending my case and gave N-652 with "uscis will send decision in mail".

It is already a week, still my case status is at "testing and interview". On the same day my wife had interview too, she already got oath letter.

I guess in your case, it is better showing status of "post decision", you should get it soon.

Hi amallige,

Any development on your case? It has been 2 weeks.

An update after 7 days:

On June 20, 2012, the supervisor review of your case was completed. We will mail you a notice once a final decision has been made. Please wait to receive the notice before you contact USCIS.

My case was also "Under Review with a Supervisor" for about three weeks, received my oath notification four weeks after the interview. Don't worry, as everyone else has said it's just normal procedure.

FuturecitizenNY,

Have you also gone through "Supervisor completed review....." or your case status went directly from "Under review with supervisor" to "oath scheduled"?

Although the online message seems to be a little unusual, I would be shocked if they deny your application. Besides the traffic citation, is there anything else which you can think of that can hold you back? What kind of traffic citation is it? Best wish to you!

An update after 7 days:

On June 20, 2012, the supervisor review of your case was completed. We will mail you a notice once a final decision has been made. Please wait to receive the notice before you contact USCIS.

The message indicating that the supervisory review has been completed is not unusual at all. Once the supervisor reviews and approves the application, it'll be placed in the oath queue and the message will change to "oath letter sent" when the oath is scheduled.

Yes, I think it is normal as supervisor completed the review he/she should scan the bar code which triggered the online status update. The wording is just the standard format. I'm not too worried about it since interview IO already recommended for approval. Most likely supervisor just concurs. Unlike some cases "decision cannot be made" then supervisor's review will be a little tricky.

My tickets are speeding and fail to yield -- less than $100 fine for both tickets. That should not be a problem. I just hope to see status bump to "Oath" ASAP.

Yes, I think it is normal as supervisor completed the review he/she should scan the bar code which triggered the online status update. The wording is just the standard format. I'm not too worried about it since interview IO already recommended for approval. Most likely supervisor just concurs. Unlike some cases "decision cannot be made" then supervisor's review will be a little tricky.

My tickets are speeding and fail to yield -- less than $100 fine for both tickets. That should not be a problem. I just hope to see status bump to "Oath" ASAP.

Minor traffic tickets are a non-issue. You'll be receiving your oath letter soon.

FuturecitizenNY,

Have you also gone through "Supervisor completed review....." or your case status went directly from "Under review with supervisor" to "oath scheduled"?

Yes I did get that same notification "supervisor completed review" and a couple of days after I got the notification I was placed on the oath schedule que. You are almost there!!!

Very encouraging! Thanks! It looks like I still have 2 steps to go... oath que and oath scheduled.

Hi rdxxs8513,

How did you get the disposition letters for your tickets? I got in touch with my lawyer yesterday who saved me from those speeding tickets (2 speeding tickets were dismissed) and he told me that he doesn't have official disposition letter with him because there is no such official paperwork provided. But he referred me to one of the TVB and provided me with the ticket numbers so I can request them in person. Is that how you got them as well?

Thanks

Hi rdxxs8513,

How did you get the disposition letters for your tickets? I got in touch with my lawyer yesterday who saved me from those speeding tickets (2 speeding tickets were dismissed) and he told me that he doesn't have official disposition letter with him because there is no such official paperwork provided. But he referred me to one of the TVB and provided me with the ticket numbers so I can request them in person. Is that how you got them as well?

Thanks

dselek,

I disclosed my 2 tickets in the app and I was asked about it in the interview and I gave the certified document which says that I paid the ticket and the case was satisfied which I got from the court.

I wrote to them back to last year before I filed N400. TVB mailed me an official screen printout as proof of payment. My another one was 11 years ago in NY upstate. That court mailed me a certified copy of payment.

It took 4 weeks for IO/supervisor to sign off all paperwork. Today my case was moved to oath que finally. It looks like these IOs are really good at structuring.... I can expect to receive the oath letter right within the 45 days regular timeframe as they disclose online.

It took 4 weeks for IO/supervisor to sign off all paperwork. Today my case was moved to oath que finally. It looks like these IOs are really good at structuring.... I can expect to receive the oath letter right within the 45 days regular timeframe as they disclose online.

Yay!!!! I wouldn't be surprised you get the next notification in a few days. I got the:
"On xx/xx/xx, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location" whithin three days of being placed on the oath que.

Almost there :)