Possible to apply for Enhanced Drivers License?

smalls

Registered Users (C)
Hey all!

My last post here determined that I derived citizenship in the US through the Child Citizenship Act. It was also determined that I had two choices: I could apply for a Certificate of Citizenship (with all the proper paperwork in hand), or apply for a passport (with the same paperwork. Cheaper, but temporary). I reside in Michigan, and wonder if I have a third option. Is it possible to take the same paperwork and apply for a Michigan Enhanced Drivers License? I understand this is even more temporary, but it's cheaper and will still allow me to travel to visit family I haven't seen since my Permenant Resident card expired early this year.

It depends on their requirements for the Enhanced Driver's License. The documentation requirements for the Michigan Enhanced Driver's License are here. For proof of citizenship, you will need either a passport or a Certificate of Citizenship.

You cannot get an Enhanced Driver's License with indirect proof of citizenship. DMVs are not trained on the nuances of derivative citizenship, and they require direct proof of your own citizenship -- a US passport / Consular Report of Birth Abroad / Certificate of Citizenship etc.