Political Asylum abandonment

What is the punishment for abandoning my Political Asylum application?

• not entering the US again

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • no visa renewall

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Harsh punishments

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jaype

Hi friends, hope you are doing well.

I applied for Political Asylum 6 months ago, and did the Biometrics onl, as Iwas still waiting forthe interview.

Due to some serious personal reasons I had to leave the country without applying for the re-entry permission.

What I know of so far is that since I left the US, my application is now automatically considered abandoned, and that my chances to get back to the US are few.

How much time would the governement penalize me for this action? Is it the same as people who remain illegal in the country and leave and they get a punishement of not being able to retun to the country for 10 years aproximately?

I have a double nationality, European to be exact, one that I did not specify in the asylum application, would I be able to enter the country with this new nationality instead later on?

I hope I can find someone with a similar case like mine

Thanks in advance.

i am not a laywer and you have to talk to one .

my opinion is . you have to forget about coming to the US again for two reasons .

1- you did not mentioned how long you stayed in the US without status , you might be banned from reentry for 3-10 years . and that does not mean obtaining a visa .

2- the more serious issue is . lying to the US government, by not mentioning the second citizenship and you committed fraud not once but twice , when you applied for the visa to come to the US and when you applied for asylum . since you are outside the US the only "punishment " is not being able to enter the US again .

Well, I guess if the OP enters on the other passport in future, the US couldn't know when he/she received that citizenship - it could have been after abandonment of the asylum claim for all they know.