Police report from all places lived since 16?!

gemmavgraham

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of applying with my fiance for the K1 visa.
It says I require a police report from all the places i have lived since I was 16.

This includes one in the UK, 5 cities in the US, and 2 cities in the Netherlands... does anyone know how I get these and what the purpose is? I would suspect most of these places do not even have a record of me!

Thanks for the help!

Gemma

As far as Im aware, you only need to get a police report for countries in which you have lived for more than 12 months.
You will need one for the UK (are you from the UK? If not and you were there for less than a year then you wont need one) and you can get this from this web address http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

As for the Netherlands, if you lived there for more than 12 months then youll need to research how to go about getting one from there. As for the US, you will not need to get a report from the US as they provide their own nackground checks as part of the process anyway.

The reason for the police reports is that there are certain crimes that excludes people entry to the states (eg espionage, drug related etc)- so the police reports provide extra evidence as to whether you are eligible for a K1.

If you have any other K1 questions dont hesitate to ask as Im a K1 graduate from the UK and now living in the US :)