Police Clearance Certificate

kuldeep singh

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am going for CP at Chennai, india in the month of January 2002 and just came to know about the new requirements from
   Jan 2002 for Indian citizens- The Police Clearance certificate.

My question is

1) Do I have enough time (my interview is on Jan 29th) to get the two Police clearance certificates now.

2) The letter says I need the PCC from Regional Passport Office, what is Regional passprt office ? Is it the office from where I got my passport (Hyderabad) or the office where I have my CP Interview (Chennai).

3) What should the PCC letter say (The contents of the certificate).

Thanks in advance for the replies.

-Kuldeep

I did not get PCC fo rmy CP

I went for CP April 2001 and did not take Police Certificates.
I lived in India and the US only so did not need them. Dont know if this helps.

Police clearance cerificate

1.police clearance as per www.murthy site is needed from jan 2002
2.it is a pain in the neck getting it from passport office now shifted to secunderabad there was a huge line unlear how many days it takes to get it as i did not get it when i visited hyderabad december
3.but when you call madras consulte their phone number is at the web site they still say police clearance not required as of today.
4.kuldeep i have to go through the same process soon so can you email to me lajrak@yahoo.com

Police Clearance Certificate - from 02/01/2002

The following information is from the "Breaking News" section of the Oh Law Firm\'s home page (http://www.immigration-law.com/):

Updated 12/31/01: Chennai New Immigrant Visa Application Procedures Effective 02/01/2002

The American Consulate in Chennai, India announces the new procedure as follows:

NEW IMMIGRANT VISA PROCESSING PROCEDURES: All new Indian immigrant visa applicants whose appointments are scheduled after January 31, 2002 will require Indian police certificates as outlined below.

INDIAN POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE OBTAINED AS FOLLOWS:

-- All Indian IV applicants age 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police certificates from the local passport office. Applicants whose Indian passport was issued within the past six months may present just the passport office police certificate, and need not obtain additional police clearances.

-- Applicants over age 16 whose passports were issued more than six months previous to visa application must also obtain a police clearance from the district police office serving the applicant\'s place of residence.

-- Indian passport holders applying for visas outside India should obtain a statement from their local embassy or consulate confirming they have no criminal record.

-- Non-Indian IV applicants residing in India should obtain police certificates from the district police station serving their area of residence.

-- Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants applying outside India.

PCC From 02/01

Hi,

Good news for all the Chennai applicants I received an e-mail from the consulate saying that the PCC Requirement is from Feb 1st 2002

-Kuldeep

Did you finally get the PCC

Hi kuldeep,
My I/V date is on Jan 30, but I havent been able to get PCC. My attorney is insisting on getting it. If I go to India, I can get the local Police cert. easily, what Iam worried about is the B\'lore Passport office. How long will that take? Any idea? I still feel that we dont need, but my attorney has pshyced us into this paranoia.

PCC

you do not need a police clearance if appt before 2/1/02. i sent an email to chennai and they said you will need it after 2/1/02. you could call them.

micc

No Title

To get the PCC from RPO you need to be there in person, else you need to apply it at the Indian consulate in US. And it takes 1 month from the date you apply to get the PCC. But as I said earlier you dont need it if your interview is in Jan 2002.

Also http://www.immihelp.com/ has lot of info for PCC, Go to the CP Section.

Hope it helps.
Best of luck.

Kuldeep