Police Clearance Certificate & Passport Office Clearance Certificate

Dont worry

At long last my parents have got their passports back bearing the clearance stamp. They are facing another problem. The police (and passport office) are saying that that is it. The police came to check their house etc and gave the clearance to passport office. There is NO PAPER FROM THE POLICE. But US lawyers want a cert from the police. What can they do? Please help. What a nightmare!

Hi, dde,
As long as they have a stamp in the passport. it is good. Generally when you submit for PCC you fill out a Form2, along with a psssport picture attached to it, The passport office will stamp that paper and a stamp in the passport ststing that- PCC to USA issued-
So, since you have a stamp in the passport you should be good, Send the copy of the page to NVC along with the othe requoired documents, Thats what i did for my dad, and i had no issues,
By the way what has PCC to do with US lawyers?

police clearance from rpo

thanks again, bigbull! that is a BIG relief. you have been very helpful all through. i don't remember the website. may be murthy.com. came across something about it
being better to have a separate cert from police.
when asked the police in india categorically stated that whatever was issued from
rpo was it. the mumbai us consulate website also states "police clearance from
regional passport office."
my parents are old. not possible for them to run around too much.

is your father's interview over? all the best for whichever stage you are in.

@dde

thanks again, bigbull! that is a BIG relief. you have been very helpful all through. i don't remember the website. may be murthy.com. came across something about it
being better to have a separate cert from police.
when asked the police in india categorically stated that whatever was issued from
rpo was it. the mumbai us consulate website also states "police clearance from
regional passport office."
my parents are old. not possible for them to run around too much.

is your father's interview over? all the best for whichever stage you are in.

Ya, My dad interview was over he is in USA with me since july 18th
Good luck

police clearance from rpo

Congratulations bigbull99, although belated! Your mails have always been very supportive and this one gives me new hope. I am sure your Dad will spend many very happy years with you. Although my parents are yet to reach that point, when you have time, could you send some details about the next steps eg med check up etc? As I said my parents are old and have very little in way of childhood immunisation records.

Congratulations bigbull99, although belated! Your mails have always been very supportive and this one gives me new hope. I am sure your Dad will spend many very happy years with you. Although my parents are yet to reach that point, when you have time, could you send some details about the next steps eg med check up etc? As I said my parents are old and have very little in way of childhood immunisation records.

Dont worry about the old records. Just take them to the Doctor listed for the Exam, and he will do every thing, My dad went to apollo in Chennai. Paid Rs 7000. he is all set. They gave him a sealed cover. So as soon as you get te interview letter take them to the doctor and he will take care of the rest

i had posted a thank you few days back, for all your help, but the post disappeared!

Passport police certificate

hi,

My passport was issued by the thane passport office... i went there to do my aapplicaion for above mentioned certificate to find out to my shock that the PASSPORT office is just opened from 10 AM to 12.30 AM.... and it is closed on saturday and sunday.... this is the least time an office is opened and that for so much important stufff... i wonder why... i had to come back home and have to go again... but people coming from others parts of the state to thane please do take note of the timmings to cause unnecessary delay and waste of money. Please carry original andxerox copies of all documents. Xerox centres are outside the office tooo....

Pls jignesh i need help, just new to this blog..but seems to be of gr8 help.. Recently i recvd appointment letter from NVC schedule on Nov20th 2012..My confusion is with the Passport poilce certificate..I have already submitted P.C.C to NVC in U.S. On my appointment letter they are asking for Passport police certificate.I have to show them at the time of interview...How do i obtain this and what all documents are needed to apply for it and do i go to get this work done.. I stay in Borvali Mumbai..any on this blog cud reply me faster with ur experience pls....

Pls jignesh i need help, just new to this blog..but seems to be of gr8 help.. Recently i recvd appointment letter from NVC schedule on Nov20th 2012..My confusion is with the Passport poilce certificate..I have already submitted P.C.C to NVC in U.S. On my appointment letter they are asking for Passport police certificate.I have to show them at the time of interview...How do i obtain this and what all documents are needed to apply for it and do i go to get this work done.. I stay in Borvali Mumbai..any on this blog cud reply me faster with ur experience pls....

go to the passpot agent fill out form 2 along with 2 passport pic, and pay fee and send the passport with it, you should get it back in 45 dys with a stamp in passport the police clearence issued.

I have applied I-130 for my father last month and waiting for approval. My father is in Gujarat so he will go in Mumbai for inteview. Do I need to start preparting stamp in passport the police clearence ? is that needs to be just before interview or I can do ahead of time ?

go to the passpot agent fill out form 2 along with 2 passport pic, and pay fee and send the passport with it, you should get it back in 45 dys with a stamp in passport the police clearence issued.

thanx very much...i am shocked to know it takes 45days to get passport..Bcoz my interview is schedule on 20Nov2012.
Also wud appreciate if u let me know which all documents i shud take with me...I did my P.C.C personally at C.I.D office at V.T. to get that letter it took me 15days...I APPRECIATE ur prompt reply..Will it work faster if i go personally to passport regional office or thru passport agent? which is better to get my work done faster...

thanx very much...i am shocked to know it takes 45days to get passport..Bcoz my interview is schedule on 20Nov2012.
Also wud appreciate if u let me know which all documents i shud take with me...I did my P.C.C personally at C.I.D office at V.T. to get that letter it took me 15days...I APPRECIATE ur prompt reply..Will it work faster if i go personally to passport regional office or thru passport agent? which is better to get my work done faster...

Try to go in person to passport offie and see if you can request the people to do it, ( you know how to request people in india to get thingd done faster) LOL. i sent it through the agent because i started the process when i sent in the I 130 to uscis, so i had plenty of time. it is better to take all the documents which you sent to uscis, all the proofs to show th relation ship of parent and son,