• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

POE. DV visa holders acceptance or denial

shiberfield

Registered Users (C)
Its known that your issued visa by the embassy does not guarantee your entrance to the US as the decision will be taken by homeland security officers.

I had a discussion with a previous DV winner who claims that some POE are more prone to reject your visa (in his example JFK) and some are more tolerant (in his example IAD) . Is this true fact?

Its known that your issued visa by the embassy does not guarantee your entrance to the US as the decision will be taken by homeland security officers.

I had a discussion with a previous DV winner who claims that some POE are more prone to reject your visa (in his example JFK) and some are more tolerant (in his example IAD) . Is this true fact?

Of course not.

BS!

The only case of a denial at entry I have ever heard of was someone who had a past criminal conviction that came up on the CBP system. As it happens the embassy had known about this and issued the visa anyway ( I can't remember the details but I think it had been a very old conviction) and he eventually got entrance after another try. If I recall correctly the denial was at a road border crossing from Canada.