plz help me..can i reuse my H1

archan_u

Hi..
my H1 got approved on dec 2006 for 2007 cap.It is 3 years valid.
Because of some problems between me and my employer,
i just transfered my h1 to h4 to maintain my case status on jan 2007.
He didn't give my H1 paper to me and gave me a copy of it.
Now,Can I reuse my H1 again?
and
If it is posible , can transfer the same h1 with other company without paystubs.Please help me out.

I greatly appreciate for your help,
thank you.

You go ahead and apply for transfer

Like every individual H1b case yours seems amazingly unique too.
Well firstly, one can have multiple categories of visas and it is valid. Multiple categories as in B1 and h1, or B1 and L1 etc., Likewise a dependant visa, h4 can hold h1 too. Now the question to you is did you get your Visas stamped. Either the H1 or H4?

Technically speaking you have been staying legal in the US with one or the other visas. That is good and good enough.

Next, to transfer your h1 to new employer you anyway have to send only a copy. But you need to make sure that old employer will not cancel your h1 before your transfer gets approved. Depending on your application service center it can happen quick or if California SC then it is very slow these days.

You go ahead and apply for transfer, (my point of view is it doesnt do any harm). If you dont get, you atleast have your h4 anyways.

Also you need to proove to USCIS that you have been in US legally all the time and now the talk of pay slips. Pay slips are not mandatory all the time. So do not worry. Show that during the recent period you have been on H4 and so pay stubs would not be necessary.
Also it is necessary to mention that you will get your h1b Visa stamped in your country of that you hold the passport from.

If I were you, I would be a Nike - Just do it!----------

-------------------------

These are only my opinion, I am not an attorney or professional consultant on immigration matters. So feel free to do your research and take proper advice.

There are really a lot of bad apples in the desi consulting companies. its suprising to see why they dont give the h1b papers. they need to be exposed. share your experience at rahasiam.com too.

Hi,

I am in the same boat. H1B visa transfered to H4. I Think, once H1B is converted to H4 it is difficult to get back on work to H1B. Does H1B automatically gets cancelled , when you shift to H4 category?

We really need to find companies who consider us for H1B transfer.

H1B receipt not given by employer

hello
my employer has filed my H1B this year but he is not giving me my Receipt NO. and further i can not check my H1B status.
my question : Is there any way i can get my receipt no. from USCIS ? or is legal to ask him for my H1B receipt.
if i can than is there any way to transfer my H1B to another employer before approval ? Wat can be the complications .