Pls help ...RFE on H1B(fresh)

rkmuvva

Hi All,
I have 5 yrs exp with bachelor degree(india).I got my I-129 petition for nonimmigrant worker (fresh application)filed through Texas service center.
My application was filed on 3rd oct 2003.when i check my status now it displays the following message.

"Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER Current Status: On December 8, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

I have a few questions:
a) Is this (Requesting additional evidence) a common case with all the H1's now?
b) How long does the process is going to take ?
c) can i ask my employer to file for premium at this time?

Thanks in advance
rk

I had the same problem, but they requested more info from my company. The company lawyer issued all paperwork they requested, and one month later I got my approval notice. They requested my transcripts, diploma, detail description of job responsibilities, and coworkers diplomas with my same job title.
It took the lawyer about a month to gather all the info they needed and submit a good case. So depending on your lawyer, everything will be fine......just watch out what is he submitting.....

Hi,
I have the same problem ..they asked for exp letters detailing my job title and duties ,pay stubs and computer programming certificates.I have some problem in getting the exp letter from the current company.Instead i have submitted my appointment letter and promotion letter. Do we need submit the original documents or the xerox copies of them when we send all these documents for employer and INS?
thanks
rk