Pls Help - Coma before fingerprint

melody2016

My mom filed I-589 application 2 months ago. My father was added as her vice applicant.

My father had a heart blockage 25 days ago and has been in deep coma in hospital since then because of lack of oxygen in brain, he is still on breathing machine now.

My mom and dad both have received biometrics appointment date.

Doctor says my father will most probably be in vegetative state for ever. If so, he really needs immigration status to purchase health insurance for long term care.

What we should do about my father? Will infopass help? Will attorney or guardianship help? thanks.

Get a letter from the hospital explain your father health condition. Call or mail asylum office and tell them what happened .
Apply for medical card or Medicaid card for emergency for your father.
Yes, I think infopass will help.
Ask your attorney if you have one.

Thanks a lot.
Hospital already applied emergency medicaid for my dad.

But if he never wake up, emergency medicaid won't help.

I already consulted many attorneys, no one knows how to help my dad.

I will try infopass, thanks.

This case is very sensitive, therefore it is critical to have a very good lawyer knowledgeable in asylum and other immigration matters. The reason many of them don't know what shows you the importance of having a very good one. Given the importance of the cares in this situation, I will advise to get a lawyer that will charge you even thousands of dollars. It is very important.

After saying that, I think that your mom should go to her biometrics appointment and have her biometrics done. Get a letter from the hospital about your dad's health and send it to the asylum office with a letter explaining why your dad cannot go to the biometrics.
Second, I think that given your dad's health, you should ask the asylum office to accelerate your mom's asylum case. If they don't accelerate it, they might have to wait at least 2 more years (depending on asylum offices) to get just an interview. Try to have them work on the case right now.

May God help you through this difficult situation.