1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help!

Discussion in 'K Visa and Related Issues at the Consulates' started by njust, Oct 19, 2013.

1. njust

njust New Member

hi everyone - this is my first post so i apologise if i have done so in the wrong section...

im in a bit of a state of panic - ill try to be brief.

i received an email with my final visa interview for my K1 fiance visa on thursday. the scheduled date is for this tuesday at the sydney consulate.
    i was instructed to pay the fees for the visa so i could schedule my interview which confused me because i had already been sent an email with the date and time which i confirmed before even proceeding to the payment of fees.

i then proceeded to create a profile and followed the steps to the payment options. i chose to pay via credit card. the fee was $240USD for each of us.
    i received a message saying this was successful which included a UID for myself and 2 children.
    i also received a transaction number.

my profile says i need to enter a MRV number but i do not have one since i payed via credit card.

my profile is also showing no appointments scheduled yet i have one confirmed for tuesday.

i need to book flights to the consulate from where i live and i have only 1 business day left before the interview day!

my questions are -

what is the MRV number? is it something i only needed if i paid in person?

do i need to pay an additional fee on top of the K1 visa fee to get it?

i phoned the contact us number but since they wont give case specific info the woman told me that i should attend on tuesday and bring the printed receipts and and transaction info but she didnt seem certain of what i was concerned about nor if i should be concerned.

any help would be much appreciated - talk about short notice!

xx

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013