Please help - what should I do if wrong signature was put down in I-130

t65497159

Background:

My wife has been a permanent resident and I am applying for a marriage based green card(F2A category). I am currently on H1b and I am in the US. Form I-130 was submitted online in Feb 2023.

Problem:
We made a stupid mistake that we put the beneficiary's name in the petitioner's signature on form I-130. It was supposed to be my wife's name but my name was put down. We reached out to USCIS a couple of times, and we got different advice from the agents. One agent advised us to write a letter explaining the mistake and upload it online. One agent told us to initiate an online typographic error service request. Another agent told us to physically mail a letter to the service center explaining the mistake.

We mailed a letter to the California service center and never heard back since then. We did get a response from the typographic error service request that no correction can be made at this time and only the officer reviewing our case will be able to do it.

Question:
I am not sure if I should proceed with sending 485 in next. If the 130 application ends up being denied down the road, we basically waste a lot of time and money (130 filing fee + 485 filing fee + others).

What should I do? Should I withdraw the 130 we sent and send a new one in? In this case I'll only lose the 130 filing fee which I am fine.

Thank you for your help.

I believe your priority date is current right now, (USCIS is allowing date of filing for Apr & May 2023). Prepare & file I-485, you will be called for personal interview, take with you correct I-130 signature page and turn over to USCIS officer.

I believe your priority date is current right now, (USCIS is allowing date of filing for Apr & May 2023). Prepare & file I-485, you will be called for personal interview, take with you correct I-130 signature page and turn over to USCIS officer.
Hi thank you for your help, does this "take with you correct I-130 signature page and turn over to USCIS officer." also apply to online applications? I am imaging that the officer needs to correct it on their computer and that might be a field that the officer can not modify since it's a signature. I thought the I-130 gets reviewed long before the interview? If you have any more info you could elaborate that would be very helpful. Thanks again.