Please Help me!

FullOhm

I used to study in a boarding school in New Mexico, but due to economic problems I had to leave school on Saturday. I came to El paso, Texas thinking about finding a school here to study. One of my friends supported me and her mom took over my guardianship. Everything was going perfectly fine, I enrolled in a public high school on Tuesday to start going to school on wednesday. But tonight we had a visitor, ( an immigration attorney) we talked to him about my situation and he told us that what we were doing was illegal because my F-1 visa expired as soon as i left school. He told me that if i decided to stay in the public high school, It would affect me on my future (college, work, etc) and also I would be subject of getting the 10 year ban thing. He also told us that if I decided to go to a private school, I would have to go back to my home country and request an F-1 visa all over again and this process takes a while and I do not want to lose school days, semesters, or years. I am 12th grader, and I am looking forward to graduate and keep on my studies in the US. I can not go back to my home country because I would lose all my transcripts; therefore, I would have to go back to being a freshman again and I do not want that.
It has not been a week since I left school. So please suggest me on what should I do?

I want the best for my future!!! Thank You and Im sorry if my writing is sloppy, but im frustrated about this plus English is my second language.

does anybody have an idea how long approval of EAD takes at Nebraska service center? I am (or was) F-1, got my notice on June 29 2009, check was cashed July 1st, "case is received and pending".
I had an offer enclosed with the application and still waiting. Immigration counselor at my Uni didn't submit it as expedited, saying there is no starting date on the offer. The company which wants to employ me is saying: it's against their policy to include the date.... like a vicious circle!