Please help Landing Toronto

Buntu

Registered Users (C)
Friends i need help for landing, I plan to land by Air,I will take a flight from US to Toronto.I am on H1B and will return back by Air to US.
1 .Have read several postings that a person can land by border post and many have landed and came back by same US plated car. I also read that if you try to land by your US plated car then YOU are NOT supposed to DRIVE this car once you are stamped as Canada PR and Canada Pr is not allowed to drive US plated car. what is tru please let me know.

2. If I land by Air , While I am taking the flight from US to Canada,Am I suposed to hand over my I-94 to Airlines? Because I will be returning back to US after 4 days and I read in some posting that If you Visit Canada or Mexico less than 30 days then you should not give your I-94 at the time of departure from US.It it correct?
If I do not surrender my I-94 while going to Canada then what will happen when I come back from Canada to US and face Immigration officer? will he/she allow me seeing my I-94 attached or will ask why I have not given it to airlines at the time of separure from US.

3. I want to take ONE Suitcase only and the list of goods to follow,frof of funds recent bank statement and Cashiers Check
 or Should I take a Big Suitcase at the time of landing.

4. If a Person who is on H1B in US is planing to land by border in his own US plated car(which will not be Imorted to Canada) then I wish to do the landing by Car and will come back by car any problems here? I have my I94 H1b Valid till 2003.
5. Will I be able to apply for SIN and Ontrio Heath card in one day?
   Can I provide the Address of My friend in Toronto on SIN application or one can also provide US address. Which one will be better.
 Please help
Regards

To answer u questions

My family and I did this. It is easier to travel to and from by air. No, I did not give my I94. (dont know if this has changed after Sept 11). But I think not. One suitcase is fine. Yes u can give ur friends address in Canada

No Title

Is it ok to give Hotel address at the time of landing.I am taking only a small bag with me as I am planning to return back after landing.

Driving

I do not know if a person who is working in US on H1 Visa do the landing first time in USA plated car and Drive it into Canada and come back to USA in same car? So many posts suggest that once a peson becomes Canada PR at border he can not drive US car in Canada. can some some one give a link to law or info.
Thanks

I drove my car to land. ...

I had to pay the import fee (about US$150) before being allowed to drive it in Canada. Otherwise one can\'t drive a US registered car into Canada by a Canadian PR according to the Canadian Customs. I read on this site back in Sept. 2001 that somebody was able to drive own car to land through a small post without paying the import fee. Check past postings for details.

I-94

Do you mean that when you left for Canada from US, you have not surrunderd your I-94? if yes, were you allowed back by air in US with the same I-94 attached to your Passport, what was asked by INS officer seeing your I-94 when you entered in US by air at the airport.

when landing at Toronto airpor did you have you I-94 attached to your passpor or you took it out before presnting your landing documents to Canada immigration officer.
Thanks