• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

PLEASE HELP - Cant track my green card!

Have some manners Mr Moderator....we just comment on the systematical and human error issues and you proved one of that. ANYWAYS,,,

Talking of manners, I believe you owe me an apology.

Not that britsimon's post was in any way rude, unlike your response.

Fail x 2 on the manners front for you.

Have some manners Mr Moderator....we just comment on the systematical and human error issues and you proved one of that. ANYWAYS,,,

What on earth are you talking about??? My post was not rude in any way - so perhaps you (as the new member guest here) could wind back your attitude rather than making false statements and silly suggestions.

Ok, coming back to the OP's question.

Short back story: I came here on a CR1 visa after consular processing (my wife is American) and entered the country a bit before Christmas 2015 with a sticker in my passport and my package in hand that I handed to the CBP officer at JFK. I payed the $165 a week or so before I left and got the same confirmation page with a pay.gov #, but no receipt was mailed to me.

As of yesterday, I had not received my actual green card, and I wasn't able to track anything on the USCIS website either (due to lacking the case #), so I called the standard hotline.

1st call:
The person I had on the line told me to go to a different USCIS website and inquire there in written form (egov somethings link mentioned in this thread above). Did that but didn't wanna wait for 2 weeks until a reply so called again.

2nd call: lady said the same thing, so I thanked her and hung up

3rd call:
guy said I would need the IOE number to track it and that I should call back in 2 hours to speak to a level 2 officer (who has a distinct title which I unfortunately forgot)

4th call minutes later:
told the guy politely I'd like to speak to a level 2 officer. He put me through and this person asked for my name, DOB, address in the US and A-number. When I gave her all that she put me on hold to pull up my file and said that payment was only received by USCIS on February 6 (be reminded my POE was in mid-December). Thanked her and asked for my IOE # which she readily told me. With this number I can track my green card now using the standard USCIS tracking website, which indeed says that I should expect my card in the mail before April 6 (60 days after receipt of payment). Let's see...

Bottom line: try and get a level 2 officer on the line (they also have a callback option I learnt) and get a hold of your IOE number.

Hope that helps...

How or where do I track my green card once I have entered into the US and dropped off my papers? I havent received a tracking number and the only numbers I have are my A-number and and my case number. They didnt give me anything in the immigration office where I dropped off my papers at POE. I got a stamp when I entered the US but I dont think there is a number I can use to track.

I tried this website but it asks for a receipt number but I dont seem to have one:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

I also tried calling the number on that website but theydont seem to be able to help me either. It has been 5 weeks now since I entered the US and I still havent received anything in the mail.
Have any of you guys in this thread paid the fee online at the USCIS website? If so, be aware the site displays first one screen with the Agency Tracking ID and the Pay.gov ID numbers, which according to what I have read are totally worthless for tracking purposes. After you hit the "continue" button, you are displayed a second screen which shows the IOE numbers for each of the applicants (i.e. family members). Each IOE number is associated to the Alien Registration Number (A-number) of each applicant. It means you should be able to retrieve your IOE through your A-number, although the process is not straightforward. Calling USCIS may be the only way if you did not take precautions at the time to print the second screen and keep your IOE number.

I paid my $165 before I even entered the US. But the website you posted above says that the receipt number is a 13-digit number starting with three letters. All I got when I paid my fee was a "Pay.gov Tracking ID" which is 8 characters (numbers and letters) and a "Agency Tracking ID" which is 14 characters also both numbers and letters. I cant use either to log in.

I'm dealing with this same problem right now. can anyone help me?

I'm dealing with this same problem right now. can anyone help me?

Seems a lot of us are in the same boat. Did you finally received your greencard in the mail?

I called the immigration office today, the lady told me the waiting time is between 30 to 120 days after entering the country, two days ago another lady I spoke with over the phone told me it's between 120days after payment. Confusing and frustrating at the same time.

Seems a lot of us are in the same boat. Did you finally received your greencard in the mail?

I called the immigration office today, the lady told me the waiting time is between 30 to 120 days after entering the country, two days ago another lady I spoke with over the phone told me it's between 120days after payment. Confusing and frustrating at the same time.

The two responses you got aren't quite different as a matter of fact, just not properly passed on by the CSRs. GC receipt takes about 30 to 120 days either after payment or entering the US, which ever happens later.

Some people make the payment before coming into the US, the GC production however will not start until such a person actually enters the US. Some on the other hand enter the US before making the payment - for anyone in that situation the GC production will not start simply because they've activated their LPR status, that will only start after they make the payment. Delivery date in that case is 30 to 120 days after payment.

This might be helpful or confusing but I'd like to share.

I just got off the phone with a level 2 Immigration officer, she asked me personal information to prove that I'm the petitioner, she asked me the date I made the payment, she re-confirmed my mailing address and full names. She finally was able to pull up my IOE receipt number which I wrote down in paper.
She advised me to track my GC card status online next time at my convenience. She checked my GC status and she found out its still in process. I think that's quite helpful and a huge relief. Another point she said was it would take between 30 to 90days (depending on nationality) for a first time GC applicant to have the card mailed out.

Best I'd advice for anyone in similar situation is to call the immigration number and politely request for a level 2 officer's assistance, they would try to convince you, but please politely insist on speaking with a level 2 officer. It works for me and did saved me all the generic verbatim info the level 1 officers give you.

This might be helpful or confusing but I'd like to share.

I just got off the phone with a level 2 Immigration officer, she asked me personal information to prove that I'm the petitioner, she asked me the date I made the payment, she re-confirmed my mailing address and full names. She finally was able to pull up my IOE receipt number which I wrote down in paper.
She advised me to track my GC card status online next time at my convenience. She checked my GC status and she found out its still in process. I think that's quite helpful and a huge relief. Another point she said was it would take between 30 to 90days (depending on nationality) for a first time GC applicant to have the card mailed out.

Best I'd advice for anyone in similar situation is to call the immigration number and politely request for a level 2 officer's assistance, they would try to convince you, but please politely insist on speaking with a level 2 officer. It works for me and did saved me all the generic verbatim info the level 1 officers give you.

... or people can just wait 90 days and see what happens.

... or people can just wait 90 days and see what happens.

^^^ True dat!

And the only thing different from the 'generic' answer from the level one officer compared to that of the L2 officer is the provision of the IOE number which L1 personnels have been known to provide too anyways.

They sent my green card after I went to USCIS office and asked about my green card status.