1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

Please help - Can I get my Biometric done before the scheduled date?

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by feifeifei, Sep 3, 2009.

1. feifeifei

feifeifei Registered Users (C)

Dear all,

I just received my Biometric schedule notice today (09/03/2009), to find out my biometric will be taken on Sep. 25 or 28 respectively for I-485 and I-765. I feel it's kind of late.

A post here caused my attention. Please see as follows:
    Looks like this application can get it done before the appointment date.
    Can I do the same? If so, how?

Please help..... thank you all very much...!!

-fei
  2. acr

acr Registered Users (C)

I feel it's kind of late. - that's a not a valid reason. If you were out of town, that's another case.
  3. feifeifei

Acr,

Can you make it a bit clear? Do you think I can call to reschedule?

Thanks again,

-fei
  4. acr

acr Registered Users (C)

I am sorry. I guess, I need some ESL.
  5. elcupacabras

elcupacabras Registered Users (C)

Do you mean- can you go to the appointment before the scheduled date?
    If so, then it is possible. I have read countless experiences where people have gone to the schedule ASC before their actual date and done walk in biometrics.
    You might not be fortunate enough- though the worst that can happen is you turn up and they say no. Just be sure to go at a time when it wont be as busy.
  6. TheRealCanadian

TheRealCanadian Volunteer Moderator

Sure, if you want to postpone your biometrics.
  7. feifeifei

thanks all. Today I have my biometrics/FP done. Yes. Just walk in .
  8. mapleleaf16

mapleleaf16 Registered Users (C)

Did they ask you why you wanted to do it earlier? thanks.

I will be out of town next week for 3 months. So I think I have to either fly back on the appointment day or try to go to the local office to see if they let me do it there.

9. feifeifei

Mapleleaf,

No. They didn't ask any question at all about why I came before the appointment date. I was surprised. They just had my FP scanned and picture taken. Finished.

Good luck

-fei
  10. SpanishGirl

SpanishGirl Registered Users (C)

Some people are able to do walk-ins and others aren't. Depends on the area/office.
  11. mapleleaf16

mapleleaf16 Registered Users (C)

Thanks. Good luck.