PLEASE help - B2 Extension was denied? What should I do?

krispos

My parents came here last November with an I94 expiration in May this year. I have applied for an six month extension of stay until November 11th for them. I applied through USCIS ELIS online service in Feb. Late March we took a 7 day family vacation to Mexico. At the airport, the immigration officer took away their old I94 when we left US and issued them new ones when we came back with an expiration date of October 1st.

I received a denial letter yesterday saying that the extension application is denied because of their departure of US. I completely have no idea of a temporary 7 day departure of vacation will cause the denial of the case. Based on your experience, can we request for reopen the case or what are my options here? I really hope that I can extend their stay until November for some family reasons. So any help / suggestions will be greatly appreicated.

Thanks!!!

Adjustment of status. Applying for green card while in US

My father came to the States on a b visa. Since he got retired we want to apply for a green card for him. Can we apply while he is in Us or he has to go to where he lives and proceed through the American consulate?
Did any of you have a similar case and how managed it?

You father made a fresh entry into the US when he returned from Mexico. His I-94 with an expiry date of Oct 1st is his current valid I-94. If he further wants to extended his stay, a fresh EOS application is needed.

I really hope that I can extend their stay until November for some family reasons. So any help / suggestions will be greatly appreicated.

Firstly, you should have started your own thread here.

Secondly, assuming you are a USC and will sponsor his GC, and also assuming that he never had intentions to immigrate when he last entered the US on a visit visa, yes he can apply for AOS.

My father came to the States on a b visa. Since he got retired we want to apply for a green card for him. Can we apply while he is in Us or he has to go to where he lives and proceed through the American consulate?
Did any of you have a similar case and how managed it?