'Place of Issue' on american passport and OCI

madhuri_dhar

Registered Users (C)
I am in the process of applying for OCI card and one of the questions asked there is 'Place of Issue' from my current (american) passport.

I don't have this information on my american passport. I got it last month in June.

Does anyone know what to fill-in in OCI application for this question in such situation? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hi,
You can type what ever you have in your passport and what ever it get fits. I put 'US DEPT OF STAT'.

I got it from DC on May 29th.

I don't think they take it that serious. In my case i didn't even sign my US passport but ...It went smooth in 73 days.

usctzn,

Thank you for your reply. My passport doesn't say anything about 'Place of issue'. That is it doesn't even have that field on that main page.

But I think I will go with you wrote as well.. 'US DEPT OF STAT'

Thanks

I wrote "USA" and everything went through fine. There is no mention about this in the OCI card, looks like its just for their record to know where it was obtained from.

usctzn,

Thank you for your reply. My passport doesn't say anything about 'Place of issue'. That is it doesn't even have that field on that main page.

But I think I will go with you wrote as well.. 'US DEPT OF STAT'

Thanks

You should see that in your first page where you have your photograph in it. It should be center and right side on the same page. OR you can write as you said.

Once you see your app is ack'd that means you are good with all your material.

Good Luck!