Interview Date 10/20/03
----- almost one year passed here ------
Faxed to FBI FOIPA 10/5/04
Got reply from FOIPA "no record" 10/25/04
2nd Fingerprint notice 10/26/04
2nd Fingerprint date 11/4/04
Name check cleared 11/4/04

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey tislam. My fiance is still waiting for his ceremony too, with about around the same timeline, here in Phoenix.
PD: Mar 2003
FP: Apr 2003
Interview: Aug 2003
Name Check Cleared: Sept 17 2004
We went to the district office today to find out when the ceremony would be and the lady said that it typically takes 90 days from when the name check clears for them to send out the oath ceremony letter. She never mentioned anything though about refingerprinting. My fiance's fingerprints were digitally done, were yours? I'm wondering, if they were done digitally, does that mean he doesn't have to do it again?

I did the same thing you are doing now. I contacted our congressman, wrote letters and all that. I think what helped the most in our case, was when the congressman fowarded our letter to Congressional FBI Laison Eleni Kalisch. When I asked our congressman to do this, than the name check was cleared not too long afterwards. It was cleared before I wrote two more letters to Hooton and Hardy. So I truly think the congressmans help moved things along. The congressman in our area is John Shadegg. What area are you in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for writing. My district is Scottsdale. Not very happy with the immigration person in my cogressman JD Hayworth's office, very lazy and reactive individual. I am trying through Sen. Jon Kyle's office now to expedite my case. I will mention congressional FBI Laison Eleni Kalisch in my next phone conversation.

There is a 15 months time limit on finger print (even digital). If they are to evaluate the application and they see the FP was taken more than 15 months ago, they issue a new finger print date.

I am very happy for your process being almost over. Hopefully mine will be done soon. Best of luck.

Hello. Senator Jon Kyl was very nice as well. The reason I went to the congressman though is because I thought they would work faster, since they deal with our district only.
Hopefully they send the fingerprint notice soon!! Fiance has been waiting for ages. Soon as he gets his citizenship, he wants to return home to Iraq to see his family, so its been hell waiting this long. I'm sure your whole ordeal will be done soon! :D Good luck and best wishes.

tislam said:
Priority Date 4/28/03
Fingerprint notice received 5/17/03
Fingerprint date 6/7/03
Name check request entered in FBI database 5/5/03
Interview notice received 8/6/03
Interview Date 10/20/03

Name check by FBI still pending for which USCIS can't offer me oath date

Wrote to Senator and Cogressman - no joy.

Recent Steps: (for which Rahul is my man!!)
Faxed to FBI FOIPA 10/5/04
Wrote to Phoenix DO for re-finger print (for over 15 months) 10/8/04
Got reply from FOIPA "no record" 10/25/04
Got 2nd Finger Print notice 10/26/04

Wrote Mr. Hooton twice this month Oct 2004 (once before FOIPA request and once after FOIPA reply)

Have been sending faxes and emails to NNCP for last 4 weeks once a week
asking them to release my name to USCIS, so far no answer.

Am I alone? Any word of wisdom from anyone? Thanks to Rahul for the steps I took recently. Still waiting to be a proud citizen of this great country.

-Keep breathing in the fresh air that comes your way.
Update:
FBI Name Check Cleared on November 4, 2004. Notified via email by David M. Hardy

PRUSA said:
Hello tislam!

Whom in the Phoenix District Office did you write to asking for the 2nd fingerprinting?
The DO Director? Your case officer? Did you sent regular mail?

Thank you.
Sorry for the late reply. I wrote to the DO Director. However, my FBI name check got cleared around the same time frame when I got the 2nd fingerprint date. So I can't tell for sure if it was Phoenix DO's will or my request that got me the 2nd fingerprint schedule.
If I were you, I would write anyway to the District DO.