PERM Tracker - Chicago

wen8 said:
Can someone please advice what can be done when the employer witholds information from the employee on the PERM status. I do believe I have received PERM long time ago, however the comapny does not want me to proceed with further steps therefore withholds the information.

Any advice is appreciated.

You will not be able to file I-140 if your employer doesn't want to sponsor you any more.

Company withholds onformation

Faundez said:
You will not be able to file I-140 if your employer doesn't want to sponsor you any more.

I bring them to much revenue not to sponsor me further. The question is however whether they can withhold information from me (considering that PERM is the only step the employee can check it). They are just buyng time and taking advantage of the situation.

wen8 said:
I bring them to much revenue not to sponsor me further. The question is however whether they can withhold information from me (considering that PERM is the only step the employee can check it). They are just buyng time and taking advantage of the situation.

I don't understand why they'd withhold information from you if they're willing to sponsor you. There's no advantage for them to buy time if they're willing to sponsor you, unless they think you may leave the company as soon as you get your green card. Anyway, since they're sponsoring you (I assume you're currently on H1-B?), they have all the control, it's they're prerogative when to file I-140 and what information they relay to you. Sorry.

an update of my status on PERM:

state: WA, processed in Chicago?
filing date: 10/17/06:
RFE: 12/08/06
approved: 1/3/07
category: EB2, MS+5yrs+foreign language, IT manager

I expected an audit and a lot longer than this. PERM probably gets faster and more reasonable.

What was the RFE about?

Thanks in advance.

tradition said:
an update of my status on PERM:

state: WA, processed in Chicago?
filing date: 10/17/06:
RFE: 12/08/06
approved: 1/3/07
category: EB2, MS+5yrs+foreign language, IT manager

I expected an audit and a lot longer than this. PERM probably gets faster and more reasonable.

PLC Certified

Hey! Just wanted to share the good news and also for your reference on dates. My PLC was certified today.

EB3
PD 10/29/2004, D-BEC
Refiled PERM 11/24/2006
PLC Certified 1/12/2007

I'm moving on to I-140 now, good luck to you all!

PERM filed in EB2 in nov'06. It has been more than 60 days. Is it possible for the lawyer to send an inquiry to dol?
Faundez said:
Hey! Just wanted to share the good news and also for your reference on dates. My PLC was certified today.

EB3
PD 10/29/2004, D-BEC
Refiled PERM 11/24/2006
PLC Certified 1/12/2007

I'm moving on to I-140 now, good luck to you all!

Maybe

tusharvk said:
PERM filed in EB2 in nov'06. It has been more than 60 days. Is it possible for the lawyer to send an inquiry to dol?
I'm not sure you'd get a response you could try. DOL does not commit to have it done in a certain period of time.

I thought perm was committed to 45-60 days response time.
Faundez said:
I'm not sure you'd get a response you could try. DOL does not commit to have it done in a certain period of time.

The RFE was about the foreign language requirement. I sent some marketing documents and product descriptions and they were satisfied.

WellWisher007 said:
What was the RFE about?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,
I have applied perm on Jan 16th with file no. starting with C-xxxx-xxxxx. If anyone has the same filing date and have got approved or any update, please share.

regards,
pmp2005

tusharvk said:
I thought perm was committed to 45-60 days response time.

Hi tusharvk,

I applied my perm on OCt 31 and my lawyer sent an email to chicago center

enquiring about the status of the case and in return we received an auto-

reply from the chicago stating that each case is unique and it will be certified

in the order it has been received.

pmp2005 said:
Hi all,
I have applied perm on Jan 16th with file no. starting with C-xxxx-xxxxx. If anyone has the same filing date and have got approved or any update, please share.

regards,
pmp2005

hi my PERM was filed on the 17th ...

everybody, please go to

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/chicago-perm-tracker/

and enter/update your case there. According to the trend shown there, the approvals are averaging 15 days or so.

I'm 'sickntired' on that site.

cantstandit said:
hi my PERM was filed on the 17th ...

everybody, please go to

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/chicago-perm-tracker/

and enter/update your case there. According to the trend shown there, the approvals are averaging 15 days or so.

I'm 'sickntired' on that site.

My employer told she recd the email from DOL and also, she had replied to it. She didnot mention the date of the email. Also, she told that she had forwarded the reply to the attorneys office. So far, this is the update I have till today.

thanks
pmp2005

Is it ok to ask my attorney for the username and password to check the status of perm? please advice on this.

finally !! PERM approved in 12 days

yes, there's light in the end of the tunnel, I'm kinda shocked it was so fast.

good luck to everyone !

cantstandit said:
yes, there's light in the end of the tunnel, I'm kinda shocked it was so fast.

good luck to everyone !

Hi cantstandit,

Did you do conversion from old case to Perm? please reply.

certified!!!!!!

:)

My case has been certified on Jan 24,07 under EB2. Thanks for the excellent input given in this forum.

thanks,
pmp2005

pmp2005 said:
:)

My case has been certified on Jan 24,07 under EB2. Thanks for the excellent input given in this forum.

thanks,
pmp2005

congratualtions. Could you please share your case details, like date of

application and what was your old PD?