PERM status check

ddoocc

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I found this forum very informative. I am still wondering how to check status of PERM application.

My company's lawyer told me that my labor certification application was filed on September 23, 2005 from MA. It would take 45-60 days to approve. Now, 5 months past, haven't heard anything. I asked lawyer, what the situation is. He said, there is no way to check what's happening under new file system.

Anyone can help on this?

Appreciate

Some attorneys sure are clueless. I am assuming that your application was filed online. If so, both your attroney and your HR can log into the system, search for your case number and check the status.

Thank you so much. I checked email from attorney, he said filed electronically. I will check with HR. By the way, what info for checking the status? Case number?

creative10 said:
Yes...you just need to input the case number and it returns the status and the file date.

I got my case number like ETA Case Number: A-xxxxx-xxxxx, Date Prepared: xx/xx/xxxx, status: In Progress

Why I didn't have info like other's : like Sponsorship, Final Review (or Audit Review or Review or Inprocess), Inprogress?

If its in Process, it is good. Its passed sponsorship. Now it can either be certified, denied (hopefully not) or put into Audit Review. So keep checking the status regularly

PERM case status

gcquestion77 said:
In general, how long does it take for a case to be set to "in progress"?
X.

In my personal experience, the next day after answering the sponsorship questionaire, the case status changed to "in process"

Yes thanks. It seems that my case is now set to "in process".

My HR tells me that after she replied to the sponsorship email, she was told we would get an email notification. Any idea what this is about? and how long it takes to get it?

I read quite a few thread but I am still not quite sure I know/understand the entire process. Once your case is in process, what s the next phase?

X.

Did you get to know how you can know the status of labor ETA case?
I did not see any link for Check status in the link

Individuals usually cannot check PERM status online

Yes, you can check PERM status online. See my post on another thread:

forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?272165-where-can-I-check-the-status-for-my-PERM&p=2165882#post2165882

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding checking PERM LC's when 'In-progress

Hi Kminer,

This is the place to find the last piece of the puzzle. Nowhere I found this information that you can check PERM status, always heard what others have already posted that you cannot find out the status. Thanks a ton for sharing this with us.

But I noticed that you can find only the cases where the decision has already been made, CERTIFIED/DENIED.

Is there any way to find the cases that are still in progress? I am so F*** frustrated with this process. My LC has been pending since Aug 2008. I hear from them every year only to see RFE and now NOID. NOID was responded and the case, it seems, is in progress. Just to check the status I have to plead with HR. Any other way I can do this myself so that I don't have to fall on my knees to get the status.

Any input from you or the gurus here will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Yes, you can check PERM status online. See my post on another thread:

forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?272165-where-can-I-check-the-status-for-my-PERM&p=2165882#post2165882

Don't know :(

Hi Kminer,

This is the place to find the last piece of the puzzle. Nowhere I found this information that you can check PERM status, always heard what others have already posted that you cannot find out the status. Thanks a ton for sharing this with us.

Yes. If only others would do the same.

But I noticed that you can find only the cases where the decision has already been made, CERTIFIED/DENIED.

Is there any way to find the cases that are still in progress? I am so F*** frustrated with this process.

I don't know about cases in progress, but if you do find out, please update the ImmigrationVoice wiki:

immigrationvoice.org/wiki/index.php/Labor_Certification#PERM_Status.