PERM Minimum Education Requirement

gretchen

Registered Users (C)
I have a foreign Bachelors Degree in Physics and US Masters Degree in Mild Disabilities (MD). I am applying for Special Education (Sped) teacher.

1. My I-140 was recently denied because we put 'minimum of Bachelors in Sped' with no alternate field of study while I have BS in Physics and Masters in MD. We await appeal result. We presented letter from dean saying Masters in MD is Masters in Sped, all courses the same, they just changed name of degree in 2010. Will this succeed?

2. In repeat PERM newspaper ad, do we put ‘minimum of Bachelors degree in Mild Disabilities or related field in Sped’ or ‘Bachelors or Masters degree in Mild Disabilities or related field in Sped’? I am not sure if Certifying Officer considers Masters as acceptable if we put ‘minimum of Bachelors’ or if they will insist on looking for Bachelors in MD which I don’t have.

3. In ETA 9089 labor cert, we plan to put Item H-4 minimum of Bachelors, H4B field of study is Mild Disabilities, 7A – alternate is ‘related field in Sped’, 8A – alternate is Masters. I am confused abt Item 8A because isn’t this covered by minimum of Bachelors in H4? Do we need to put Masters here? Are the entries correct? We can't exchange/have minimum of Masters and alternate of Bachelors plus experience bec. company just requires Bachelors and zero experience.

Looks like minimum requirements for this position is bachelors in Mild disabilities or special education or related, but since you have bachelors in physics, it is in no way related to minimum requirements, due to this reason, they might have denied. I don't know how you would overcome this burden even if you refile or may be if they set up masters are minimum education requirements for senior level position.

Minimum of Bachelors

Looks like minimum requirements for this position is bachelors in Mild disabilities or special education or related, but since you have bachelors in physics, it is in no way related to minimum requirements, due to this reason, they might have denied. I don't know how you would overcome this burden even if you refile or may be if they set up masters are minimum education requirements for senior level position.

This is what's confusing for me. Isn't Masters covered by 'Minimum of Bachelors'?