people who change legal name at Newark NJ

wnvx

Hello everyone. For those of you who changed legal name during naturalization at Newark, NJ.
Did USCIS ask you to go to court yourself and go through legal name change and provide them the paperwork or USCIS will organize an oath ceremony with a judge on site to provide legal name change paperwork on site?

Thank you thank you. I really want to know it before I go ahead and change my name. If it is too much a hassle or take way longer than it should be, I might just keep my name as it is, although no one knows how to pronounce my name!

Does Newark office offer judicial ceremony or it only offers administrative ceremony?? I see many people having trouble with their name change at newark, that worries me! If it does offer judicial ceremony, how much longer do people wait than the ordinary administrative ceremony? half a year longer?
My parents are waiting for me to file immigration once I became citizen. If the wait is too long, I might just stuck with my name for the rest of my life! lol

Last edited:
This is what their official web page says:

"The Newark Field Office conducts same-day Judicial Ceremonies on a daily basis and rarely conducts Administrative Ceremonies. Applicants whose applications are approved may be eligible for a same day oath ceremony. It may take several hours from the scheduled appointment time until the time the ceremony is conducted."

http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices/new-jersey-newark-field-office

Last Reviewed/Updated: 01/02/2014