Pending review and additional system checks

sbabunle said:
Hello victims of GC seeking ( me too)

I was reading every message of this thread. Seems like
the problem of 140 is not related to name check or security check. Last
month or so there was a memo on withdrawal of concurrent adjudication
of concurrently filed cases. I dont know you guys are aware of that.
140 no longer waits for 485 even if the filing is concurrent.
But I have no clue whats happening with you guys 140s. And its a little
scary too. Good luck guys.

babu.

My 140 and 485 concurrently filed on Oct. 2003, My employer inquiried and was told it 's because of pending name check. emailed FBI this week.

I still think those concurrently filed 140 and 485 are processed together. since everytime we inquiry, the 140 and 485 both got LUD.

Where to find the memo? Please let us know

Hi, Sbabule:

My institution is going to call CIS in late February and at that time we are going to ask CIS to process my I-140. The memo is going to be a very powerful argument. Could you please let us know where to find the memo?

At the same time, I am going to do some search and if I find the memo, I will let you guys know.

Thank you really much

Iris

sbabunle said:
Hello victims of GC seeking ( me too)

I was reading every message of this thread. Seems like
the problem of 140 is not related to name check or security check. Last
month or so there was a memo on withdrawal of concurrent adjudication
of concurrently filed cases. I dont know you guys are aware of that.
140 no longer waits for 485 even if the filing is concurrent.
But I have no clue whats happening with you guys 140s. And its a little
scary too. Good luck guys.

babu.

irisyue said:
Hi, Sbabule:

My institution is going to call CIS in late February and at that time we are going to ask CIS to process my I-140. The memo is going to be a very powerful argument. Could you please let us know where to find the memo?

At the same time, I am going to do some search and if I find the memo, I will let you guys know.

Thank you really much

Iris

irisyue,

Here you go: See the attached memo. Hope this is the one which you are looking for.

Good Luck

Thanks; Where to find the Ohata Memo?

H1BneedGC,

Thanks. Looks like the Yates December 29 memo has already removed the Ohata March 31 memo, which set the concurrent adjudication rule. I did some google search and found some things related to the Ohata Memo. Do you have a link to the pdf file of the memo? Thank you very much.

Iris

H1BneedGC said:
irisyue,

Here you go: See the attached memo. Hope this is the one which you are looking for.

Good Luck

irisyue said:
H1BneedGC,

Thanks. Looks like the Yates December 29 memo has already removed the Ohata March 31 memo, which set the concurrent adjudication rule. I did some google search and found some things related to the Ohata Memo. Do you have a link to the pdf file of the memo? Thank you very much.

Iris

Irisyue,

I am attaching a copy of the Fuji Ohata Memo dated 03/31/2004.

Also you can find the Dec 29 memo from the following link:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/VisaRegrssn122904.pdf

Hope this helps!!!

140 RFE responded Now, they say Name check pending

Hi,

My case is EB2-concurent filed on 12/23/2003 . I got RFE on 01/11/05 for I-140 (for work experience, education, education evaluation) after 2 fax enquiries and one e-mail enquiry over a period of 3 months. RFE for I-140 was recieved by uscis on 02/02/05. There were LUDs till 02/04/05 but, no change in message.

I got a response for fax enquiry which was sent in nov, 2004 on 02/02/05. It says my name check is pending and they are unable to process spouse's application as primary applicant's applicaiton is pending.

Has any one had this kind of experience? What should we do for name check? send FBI mail? Is I-140 related to Name check? I thought name check is for I-485 only?

thank you for your response

regards

irisyue said:
H1BneedGC,

Thanks. You are so helpful. My department manager is going to call CSC late February and I will let you know the outcome.

Iris

You are welcome. We all should help each other. Good Luck. I will look forward to hear something positive on your applications.

Hello H1BneedGC, Iris
Lets wait and see what happens. Hope you guys will
get your approvals soon. Keep posted.

babu.

In this thread, these is some useful information. My I-140 is pending because of name check. Should not be this way inasmuch as Yates Memo has already removed the current adjudication rule (i.e., I-140 will not be processed before 485 is ready for adjudication).

My institution is going to call INS this month and we will request INS process I-140 first. I sent a email for FBI about name check status but I do not know if it is useful.

Iris

WS122303 said:
Hi,

My case is EB2-concurent filed on 12/23/2003 . I got RFE on 01/11/05 for I-140 (for work experience, education, education evaluation) after 2 fax enquiries and one e-mail enquiry over a period of 3 months. RFE for I-140 was recieved by uscis on 02/02/05. There were LUDs till 02/04/05 but, no change in message.

I got a response for fax enquiry which was sent in nov, 2004 on 02/02/05. It says my name check is pending and they are unable to process spouse's application as primary applicant's applicaiton is pending.

Has any one had this kind of experience? What should we do for name check? send FBI mail? Is I-140 related to Name check? I thought name check is for I-485 only?

thank you for your response

regards

Thank you Iris

irisyue said:
In this thread, these is some useful information. My I-140 is pending because of name check. Should not be this way inasmuch as Yates Memo has already removed the current adjudication rule (i.e., I-140 will not be processed before 485 is ready for adjudication).

My institution is going to call INS this month and we will request INS process I-140 first. I sent a email for FBI about name check status but I do not know if it is useful.

Iris