Pending asylum

Justice

Dear members of this forums,
I am new to this forum. I applied for asylum in august 2012 and all process goes well until interview date in may 2013. On the interview date the officer told me that the decision will be sent to you by mail and she handed over a letter which states the same information. It's about 17 months since i did my interview without hearing any thing from the immigration office. Waiting is really bad especially if you have dependant back home. Do any of you have in similar situation from Minnesota . Please share any experience.
Thanks

Yes that's normal these days.
Sorry for you .. I know how hard is it.
I been waiting 26 months since my interview till now, and no decision made yet.

I applied for asylum in Houston, TX in August 2013 and was interviewed in October 2013. After the interview ended, the Asylum Officer told me that the final decision was going to be made by the Asylum Headquarters in Washington D.C. I've been waiting for a final decision since then! Every time I send an email to Houston Asylum Office about my case, they say that my application is still pending a final decision. Luckily I have an EAD card and I make a living... Hang in there guys and don't lose hope!
https://www.immigrantjustice.org/si... of the Affirmative Asylum Backlog_4.2.14.pdf

Last edited:
I sent the second status inquiry, and it is about 2 months from the first one without any reply, do u have an idea if they reply and when do they usually do? I had the interview about a year ago and just asking about the status but nothing I received? Please share if u know anything

Asylee applicant, what office is handling your case?
I filed my case at the Miami office, I sent them a inquiry and within 10 days I received a response. If it is possible, and given the circumstances that you described, I would suggest to make a walk-in and try to get a response from them.
do you already have your EAD?

San francisco Asylum office, Yes, I have my EAD. I went to their office about 6 months ago and they just replied pending without saying any extra word. As I mentioned I wanted to inquire about my canse 2 months ago but they didn't reply, I send another inquiry 3 weeks ago, no response so far :(

Well it seems that the San Francisco office stopped caring about case status inquiries. You may send as many inquiries as you want. According to some documents released by the USCIS, the asylum offices MUST respond to those inquiries.
You could try a congressional inquiry. If you do not receive a respond on your second inquiry, you could consider that.

I sent the second status inquiry, and it is about 2 months from the first one without any reply, do u have an idea if they reply and when do they usually do? I had the interview about a year ago and just asking about the status but nothing I received? Please share if u know anything
Do u think thAt inquiry is not useful? And when you think it is ok to send it? I had my interview six months ago and my lawyer is planning to send me one

I can't say it's not useful but I sent 3 inquiries and I didn't get any response so I didn't send any more. It's always good to inquire about your case so you show them that you care about your case. Send them and let's see what will happen. I wish you best luck

I can't say it's not useful but I sent 3 inquiries and I didn't get any response so I didn't send any more. It's always good to inquire about your case so you show them that you care about your case. Send them and let's see what will happen. I wish you best luck
Thsnk you for relpying . My worries is because i don't want to s3nd an inquiry and get that my case is reffer tk judje
I just want to know the status of our case

Don't worry about that. Your inquiry will not affect your case results, go ahead and do it you will not lose anything
Ok thank you for your advisr. Acctually my lawyer will do it for me. He keeo insisting to do it znd I don't want to do it. But since you told me it is ok , I will let him send it next week
So, you think if they already reffered it to judge , by sending inquiry I won't get it earlier , right?
by the way dif u do interview??
thanks