Pending asylum

snejinka

Hi everybody. I had my fingerprints done on June 13 and I still haven't received the date of an interview. On the USCIS website it says that my case can not be found. Had my fingerprints done at New Orleans, Louisiana...I don't understand why it takes so long and no info...

Hi everybody. I had my fingerprints done on June 13 and I still haven't received the date of an interview. On the USCIS website it says that my case can not be found. Had my fingerprints done at New Orleans, Louisiana...I don't understand why it takes so long and no info...

You have to be patient. It could very well be a few months before you receive your interview notice or notices. Those things constantly change, depending on the number of cases received. You cannot look at asylum case online , or call asylum office to tell you about your case ... which they wont give you details Just be patience if you are lucky wait 150 days and apply for work permit and wait

Last edited by a moderator:
Traveling to Dubai with Travel Document (Asaylee, Green card holder) Please help me with information

Hi All,

i'm an asaylee and a green card holder. I was planning to reunite with my family in Dubai for a 10 day visit. After completing the travel document process, i just learned that the UAE does not give Visas for travel document holders and asked me to use my original passport from my country, however as an asaylee i cannot use my NP and also it has expired. Now i'm stuck, my family completed the visa process and also bought their tickets.

- What are my options here? Is there a way for me to request the USCIS to let me use my NP to exit and use my travel document to enter the US?

It's been 4.5 years since i saw my family and we all were looking forward for this trip. Please share any information you know.

Thank you very much in advance.

Traveling to Dubai with Travel Document (Asaylee, Green card holder) Please help me with information

Hi All,

i'm an asaylee and a green card holder. I was planning to reunite with my family in Dubai for a 10 day visit. After completing the travel document process, i just learned that the UAE does not give Visas for travel document holders and asked me to use my original passport from my country, however as an asaylee i cannot use my NP and also it has expired. Now i'm stuck, my family completed the visa process and also bought their tickets.

- What are my options here? Is there a way for me to request the USCIS to let me use my NP to exit and use my travel document to enter the US?

It's been 4.5 years since i saw my family and we all were looking forward for this trip. Please share any information you know.

Thank you very much in advance.
nothing is preventing you from using your county's passport, but you are taking a risk . if you want to keep your status forget about your NP passport