penalty clause from H1B employer-sponsor

No Title

i read that this is not allowed in the new immigration law.
is this retroactive? i need to know because i paid $5000 just to get out of my previous employer who sponsored my H1B.

No Title

It was ILLEGAL. Now if you are not with that Employer Call up INS and DOL. Give the Employer Identity to them and keep the proof that employer has recievd $5000.

No Title

inders99 or anybody who has an idea : help ! you said that it is illegal to pay your current employer just to get out of them. do you happen to keep related articles about this law or have a copy of the law itself ? I\'m in the same dilemma right now. My current employer told me that if ever I leave the company, they\'re going to sue me to pay a certain amount (a bond specified in the contract that I signed). If I\'m going to tell them that what they\'ll do is illegal, I want to present proof that what they are asking is illegal.

Thanks in advance !

No Title

Is this law retroactive? I paid $1500 in Feb/Mar/Apr/2000 to an employer.
Please advice

No Title

I know of some one to whom employer has filed a case against.
The employee lost the case, the reason was - he just simply ignored the court dates and never attended the court.
Mainly employers ( if he can ) will file a case in remote state where you can not attend every time and once you don\'t attaned the case you have lost it.
Practically no employer can ask you to pay any bond money.
Get a proper lawyer, possibly the lawer will charge you % of what he will save for you or earn for you

tks

No Title

Hi Friends, I am here on H-1. My employer X couldn\'t place me and I got new employer Y. I sent my resignation to X and joined Y as Y has filed my application for visa transfer. Now X is asking for around $10000 as liquidity damages. The bond I signed had clearly stated that I have to pay if I leave while working on a project and nowhere the minimum time period was mentioned for I should be with employer X. Pls suggest.
Thanks

No Title

Tera,
Which state are you in? I was on H1 for 5 years and dealt with this problem myself. Never paid anything to any employer. Before they could sue me I started a DOL proceeding against them and they paid my dues and we settled out of court. Those damn bonds are illegal in the state of California as CA is a \'right to work\' state. What I would suggest that find ex-employees of employerX and make a combined complaint. I am sure a crooked employer like this tried this tactic with many of its ex-employees. If you have questions send me an email : prakuda2000@yahoo.com.
Best of Luck

No Title

You may have a private contract with an employer which would legally bind
you to pay. However, according to INS the employer cannot make you pay the
$1000 H1-B fee. Also, it seems likely DOL will be interested to know if the
employer is taking unfair advantage of your alien status.

I would contact your attorney. Then contact DOL and INS.

I\'m not an attorney.

No Title

Regarding the Pay slips,

I was terminated by my employer on 31st january 2001, With effect from January1 2001. due to opposing for giving the Leave Letter , even though, iam reporting to them daily.

Now, i got an offer with another company, who is ready to do my h1 transfer. But, They are asking me to provide the Latest pay slips.But i donot have the Pay slips for January and February, Does it possible to do the H1 Transfer Now.

Regards
cnu

No Title

Hi
need urgent advise.
employer din\'t tell me at the time of H1 filing but now after H1 approval states that i need to sign a bond for 2 yrs and charges upto $20,000 in order for them to provide me employement in the US.

Can i sign it?
Is this legal?

URGENT pls Advise n help
me

No Title

I FILED PERMANENT LC APPLICATION WITH NY SESA IN NOV, 99, AND CONSIDERING TO TRANSFER IT TO RIR APPLICATION NOW. CAN I TRANSFER WITHOUT LOSING PRIORITY DATE ON PERMANENT LC OR I HAVE TO START FROM THE SCRACH.

PLEASE ADVISE.

No Title

Hello,
I work in Alabama. my company is applying for Green card Labor stage soon. Is it required to do Labor for EB2 category since they get LCA during H1 processing? Please help

Angela Cruz

Abbi

Hi,
I have been working with a consulting company for almost 5 years, now I got an interview call, but the company refuses to give me an employment letter unless i sign an agreement that I wont leave the company for one year. Any help will be appreciated.

Abbi