Passport-Tracking-Online Status

In filing for the Passport do you have to indicate anything on the "Alien Regitration No." part of the application? Or can you leave that blank? Any help would be appreciated.

Update on child Passport.
OK. I called the 800 # and talk to a live operator.
He told me that the Chicago Agency need the Original Naturalization certificate of MOTHER not the copy and they already send me a letter requesting that.
I told him I did submitt the Original for both mother and father since we all filed at the same time and they all went in the same package. And they already returned the originals to us with our passports. So he said some time different Agent proccess the passport so my child passport went to a different Agent who does not have the mothers original Certificate (dont know how they see the copy, i never submitt any copies). any way they told me to sent back the Original and they will send me the Passport.

When i was submitting the package I did thought about this and even ask the Postal clerk how they will see the Original and he told me he is going to send all these in the same package so they dont messed it up but they still did.

I am writing all these so other can learn from these. :(

Chicago Expedited Passport

Hi

My wife applied for passport expedited processing.
They took her Naturalization certificate at time of application:

Applied at local Post Office
Date applied: 09/08
Passport received: 09/15
In one week and the Naturalization Certificate was returned wiht the passport

Connan

DanaS said:
In filing for the Passport do you have to indicate anything on the "Alien Regitration No." part of the application? Or can you leave that blank? Any help would be appreciated.

For my wife and my daughter's passports, we filled that in with their A#s. Yes, they are now citizens, but they each do have an A#.

I figured that since only citizens can ask for passports (normally - I believe there are a very few exceptions), they wanted that number filled in from naturalized folks. Why else would it be on the form?

Flydog said:
For my wife and my daughter's passports, we filled that in with their A#s. Yes, they are now citizens, but they each do have an A#.

I figured that since only citizens can ask for passports (normally - I believe there are a very few exceptions), they wanted that number filled in from naturalized folks. Why else would it be on the form?
i believe you are right!!

If I choose expediated will they deliver at the door step or do they need a signature.

Iam thinking of applying expediated.

Sony2006 said:
Flydog said:
DanaS said:

i believe you are right!!

Thanks for both of your responses.
Well, I was unsure because since the GC is taken away from you and becomes void after naturalization, I was unsure if the number could still be valid/used, but if it has not caused any issues I suppose it's fine.Thanks again.

Invest2bfree,

I called about 30 minutes ago and they told me to go pick it up tomorrow morning. I was suposed to receive it in the mail by the Oct. 1st, but I have to travel before Sunday. I called them and they say I can go pick it up instead.

Newly

Hi there!

I have an appointment at the U.S. Dept. of State Passport Application Center in downtown Wash, D.C. (19th Street) tomorrow morning @ 8:30 a.m. I went there with a friend of mine today who had an appointment @ 9:00 a.m. He went back at 4:00 p.m. to pick up his new ePassport. Who knows, maybe I will get mine by tomorrow COB as well ;-).

Cheers!

Legal

I just pick up my passport, but it wasn't the epassport. I called the National Passport information Center and they representative told me they're only processing the epassport in Colorado. When I told him that several people in DC have received it, he said "that's news to me." Then he said he'll e-mail his supervisor to find out.

LegalAlien: Let me know how it goes with yours.

Cheers,

Newly