passport letter

Texas

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,

Just wanted to let you know that I received a letter from Buffalo requesting my passport for stamping along with 3 recent photographs.

I also sent a self addressed and stamped express mail envelope, so I can track my passport when being returned to me. They give you this option.

Hope this helps anyone waiting to hear from Buffalo.

Congrats Texas

hi texas,

thanks for the info, can you give us a detailed information about your application... when did u apply? when did u receive file number? w/ interview? medical? passport request?

I will update the tracker for our record... keep us posted ok...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi annies,

Sorry for not giving you the information earlier.

But here it goes-

applied September 2001 (last week)
AOR received November 2001
Assessment received September 2002, Interview waived and medicals to be done in 60 days.

Sent further documents requested in October and did medicals that month also.

Letter received from Buffalo in March to send passport within 60 days along with 3 photos.

Sent last week and now waiting to get my passport back.

Hope this helps.

Lots of good luck to all those waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Texas
Did you send up-to-date info through new forms also. I mean did you receive any such letter from CIC to do so. Actually I have also applied in Sep 2001 and couple of weeks back I got a letter from CIC to send the up-to-date information in new forms to complete my background checking. I did my medical in Sep 2002.I do not know whether I am the only one who received such letter or any body else also got such type of letter.

Suraj

Originally posted by Texas
Hi annies,

Sorry for not giving you the information earlier.

But here it goes-

applied September 2001 (last week)
AOR received November 2001
Assessment received September 2002, Interview waived and medicals to be done in 60 days.

Hi All,

Just to share my timeline, since so many people are anxiously waiting.
Applied June 2001
AOR received October 2001
Assessment received February 2002 (interview waived).
Medicals done March 2002, along with new FBI card (the police certificate thing).
Mailed ROLF end of January 2003
Received letter requesting Passport & 3 Pix March 22, 2003 within 30 days.

Good luck to you all who are still waiting.
Make sure you don't go on vacation for more than 30 days.

Suraj,

I didn't get a letter mentioning "new forms". Did they send you these forms or tell you where you can get them from.

Seems like you just need to print out the part of the application where you give all your previous addresses, and send that in.

Texas,
I received a letter from Designated visa officer with following forms to fill up.

Application for Permanent Residence in Canada [IMM 0008]
Background/Declaration [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 1]
Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
Authority to Release Information to Designated Individuals [IMM 5476]
Economic Classes [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 3]

It was mentioned in the letter that, I had submitted incomplete information in my application to perform background check on me.
I am wandering,if backgrond check takes place for all applicants or they just select an applicant at random.Moreover I was under the impression that background check started as soon as you as an applicant submitted your application.But now I comes to know that it takes place only after medical.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Suraj

Suraj18,

Seems to me you didn't fill out all the necessary information on the application. Just redo it and send it in asap. You did your medicals in September and you have until one year from the day you do your medicals to land...

If not sent in time, you may have to redo your medicals.

Get this sent out so processing can resume.

Good luck...