Passport app - Non-identical signatures in drivers license and naturalization certificate

Holbytla

Registered Users (C)
So I submitted my application at a post office today. The postal clerk said it could be an issue that the signatures on my naturalization certificate and my drivers license are not identical. Basically, years ago the signature I used on my drivers ID was a bit more elaborate where I had my initials separate from my last name, but on my passport application and my naturalization certificate I have everything running into one scrawl (and this is the signature I've used in the last few years). And the other thing I realized in retrospect is that my height is different by an inch in the drivers license and the naturalization certificate (I am between 5'7" and 5'8" - in one document I stated one height, and in the other document, the other).

I'm keeping fingers crossed that this won't be an issue. After all, I've used the same drivers license throughout the entire naturalization process, and no one ever raised any issues. Has anyone faced any hassles applying for a passport due to these reasons, and if yes, how did you address them? Thanks!

Probably will be fine

This happens a lot. Signatures change, and though this would often raise eyebrows, the naturalisation certificate and the DL will be looked at, deemed genuine and belonging to the same person, and the passport application will be processed. There is probably only a 10% chance of them calling you to double check.

I am 99.9% sure that the OP will not have any problem. The IO at the interview told me to write my name on the photo in block letters, so I signed the certificate the same way after the oath. However, my driving licence and the DS-11 were signed with my usual illegible scribble. Nobody raised a brow and I had not any problem because of this. I signed the passport with my illegible scribble as well.

Thanks for the responses. That is reassuring. Keeping fingers crossed and will post an update once I get my passport (soon, I hope - I applied for expedited processing).