Passport agency did not return my green card.

Danh tran

Hello everyone, thanks to this community, I now have my US passport. Before I jones this forum, I sent in my n600 application. Since the n600 application could take up to 8 months, I decided to apply for my US passport after reading through this forum. I received my passport along with all of my original documents except one, my green card. Instead, I got a letter saying that it was sent to the department of Homeland Security.. I also read in "http://forums.immigration.com/threads/question-on-applying-us-passport-n-600.305873/" and it states that I need my original GC to turn in when my application is approved. From everything I've read in this forum, a U.S. Passport is sufficient, but I also want a CoC in case I lose my passport while traveling abroad. Has anyone been in this type of situation? I don't have a copy of my green card as the earlier thread suggested. The next best thing I have is the letter saying that my greencard was sent to uscis. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Best regards,
D. Tran

It's over 6 months already and still at the local office... I'm thinking about contacting my congressmen to check on my behalf.

My N600 form just got to my local office Feb 7 and that's 3 months later. I been following your thread from the time you posted so I can have an idea thinking since it's been 6 months you completed your interview, I guess I have a long way to go.

My N600 form just got to my local office Feb 7 and that's 3 months later. I been following your thread from the time you posted so I can have an idea thinking since it's been 6 months you completed your interview, I guess I have a long way to go.

Oh, I have not been interviewed yet. My N600 application has been at my local office since July 10th, 2015... I checked the processing times for my local office and it seems like they are extremely behind on processing cases on time. I hope they will catch up soon... I've uploaded a screenshot of my local office's processing time so you can see for yourself.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 4
Thanks Danh, they way behind that's frustrating I hope they don't ask for additional information to make a decision after all these months. N600 should be a easy process I don't understand why they take so long with it.....

Exactly! I think the n600 is the easiest out of all the other forms, but it seems that's not their priority. Well... All we can do is wait...

Exactly! I think the n600 is the easiest out of all the other forms, but it seems that's not their priority. Well... All we can do is wait...

What date did you apply? I sent our application Jan 27 - we should keep each other updated to see how long it is taking

What date did you apply? I sent our application Jan 27 - we should keep each other updated to see how long it is taking

My attorney sent my application in around two or three weeks before it got to my local office. So probably around mid June. I think it really depends on your local office. As you can see in my earlier post, my local office is wayyyy behind on processing N600 applications.

Did your case status change to tell you that your local office received it?
Mine says, "On February 2, 2016, we received your Form N-600, Application for a Certificate of Citizenship, Receipt Number NBC******, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case." what should the next case status update look like? Does anyone have any idea what the stages of case processing updates are for the N600?

Did your case status change to tell you that your local office received it?
Mine says, "On February 2, 2016, we received your Form N-600, Application for a Certificate of Citizenship, Receipt Number NBC******, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case." what should the next case status update look like? Does anyone have any idea what the stages of case processing updates are for the N600?

Yes my case status did changed from received form application cert of citizenship to CASE WAS RECEIVED AT MY LOCAL OFFICE, so it took 3 months to get to my local office.

Yes my case status did changed from received form application cert of citizenship to CASE WAS RECEIVED AT MY LOCAL OFFICE, so it took 3 months to get to my local office.

So does the waiting time listed on the USCIS site start from the time that the local office receives it from the date of the first notice (the one I already got...)
Thanks for all you help and comments.

So does the waiting time listed on the USCIS site start from the time that the local office receives it from the date of the first notice (the one I already got...)
Thanks for all you help and comments.

Most likely yes, cause my friend N600 took a little over 6 months at the local office some local office take less.

YAY - just got an update that my case was received at the local office today (17 days after I got the first receipt notice from NBC)

Nope, it is Seattle, WA. Maybe I just got lucky because I know the N400 applications at Seattle are way longer than the national average due to lots of retirements and new staff there.
I wish there were more N600 trackers so we could get a better idea of how long things are taking nation-wide. From lockbox to local office, then for each local office.